IGNORED

5G - Are We Safe Or Insane?

Axial

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

53 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

set phazers to stupify.jpg

I wonder if there is also an ignorize setting? 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

12 minutes ago, wdw said:

You two have reduced this site to a gong show...get a room...

staying on topic what is your opinion of 5G  Safe or insane?

BTW, I'm not a big proponent of 5G. The hype is nearly as crazy as the worry of Axial.  I think it would be a decade or two before coverage is very good outside large cities.  I think we'd benefit more to fill in more places with really good 4G (much 4G works though marginally).  4G when good can be pretty speedy.  

My complaint is all the ignorant worry about the effects of this radiation at these frequencies.   I put it in the bin with those crazies who insisted microwave cooking was a health problem.  

17 minutes ago, esldude said:

staying on topic what is your opinion of 5G  Safe or insane?

Wally, (Cleaver)

I think you and your good buddy hang around here on a Friday night to bully and abuse, not sure why but it isn't normal...I never understand why you want to take the time to diminish and disparage....Personally, I will never accept you as an expect on these issues as your voice is tainted with your obvious hubris.  

I think your school yard bully set that spend all day on this site is ruining it...no need to debate 5G, my friend.

3 hours ago, Axial said:

Look man, what don't you understand; it's very simple...if you have zero intelligent things to say just don't bother, go play with other trolls. Check Twitter. I don't need your fix. 

You really are ignorant  to people who don't have your exact views.... Try being less insulting, it says a lot when you resort to name calling in a reply to someone who disagrees with your viewpoint...

Sad

6 hours ago, marce said:

Well I for one am not really worried about my brain being fried by 5G... I shall die of asphyxiation first.

https://www.who.int/airpollution/en/

Its always best to put things into perspective.

http://time.com/longform/ulan-bator-mongolia-most-polluted-capital/

Just don't winter in the capitol city of Mongolia, and you'll probably make it.

image.thumb.png.0b81808f881b5ededf00f4460c87fa5f.png

http://www.wpro.who.int/mongolia/publications/20180228_policy_brief_on_air_pollution.pdf

20 hours ago, Axial said:
21 hours ago, esldude said:

Thank you for this list of links.  It will allow me to look out for these people and safely ignore their paranoia induced by intentional ignorance.  Thank you thank you.  

Get out of my thread troll, you are not contributing but only disrupting.

I have no time for people like you, you just waste everyone's time. 

@Axial you can ask Chris @The Computer Audiophile to remove all these trolling posts from your thread.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

2 hours ago, wgscott said:

No, it is totally off-topic conspiracy theory-infused ranting made from a point of view that is fundamentally ignorant about the physics of electromagnetic radiation.

What on earth does it have to do with audio?

Well the big question is whether a direct 5G connected DAC has lowered jitter and more "analog" like sound quality.  Sure, maybe it reduces your lifespan, but maybe it makes the life you have more musically meaningful. We could even put up with a little communism if it gets me more solids sounds qualities.  You'll need 5G speeds to squeek in with two channels of DSD 16,384.  My guess would be they can implant subcutaneously the antennae around our skull to receive the signals and convert them right into the auditory cortex.  Which also fixes issues with our hearing getting worse with age.   

3 hours ago, Teresa said:

@Axial you can ask Chris @The Computer Audiophile to remove all these trolling posts from your thread.

Thanks Teresa. But here's my line of thought: Uno, I'm sure Chris has better things to do with his time.

Dos, all the members are old enough to reflect and readjust, I have confidence in their leadership and integrity. 

We can all do better; our tone is our style, and action creates reaction. The best way to stop the bullying, trolling, etc., is to stop it right @ the beginning, the snake's head. ...Just cut it off so it won't return. 

I'm relatively new here; many members are very smart and polite too...they always show respect, even in their humor. 

These members are the real leaders, the ones I take my comfort zone from, the right direction to follow. 

Disagreements in audio is normal, disrespect is not. 

That's all there is really; I welcome all opinion, on all topics. Personal criticism on any poster, thread's starter, ...is no topic anymore, no fun, leads to chaos, discordance, anarchy. We adjust back, and our sharing will grow exponentially towards higher learning /// knowledge, happiness, musical satisfaction, a better world more informed, quicker and more efficiently. 

I like you very much Teresa, you bring a fair balance, always gentle and respectful. Everyone knows that, you are a leader; it's you I'm following, people of your caliber.  

6 hours ago, wgscott said:

No, it is totally off-topic conspiracy theory-infused ranting made from a point of view that is fundamentally ignorant about the physics of electromagnetic radiation.

What on earth does it have to do with audio?

Then just say it right from the beginning with a nice style and if most people agree I will delete this topic and move on. 

I follow the democracy. 

What is Audio? Music, DACs, Computers, Turntables, Amplifiers, Loudspeakers, Sounds, Mono, Stereo, Multichannel, Audio radio frequencies, Hertz, Human Range, 20/20 audio Spectrum, Subharmonics, Ultra high frequencies, distortion, jitter, alienization, upsampling, bits, pits, crevasses, downsampling, communication, telecommunication, ...? 

5G will make downloading hi res audio music libraries just that much quicker, snap of an instant.

Is it really that off topic or is it that you want it to be off topic?  

Is listening to Heavy Rap music (harsh language) an off topic subject. 

General Equipment ... Cell Phones, Tablets, iPads. They all play music, have audio electronics inside, DACs, and much much more in 5G style. I thought I picked carefully a subject. If the majority is in disagreement, no sweat, we just kill this topic and we move on towards better horizons. What we love is what we like to talk about. What we don't like we don't have to talk about, we are free to let live, or kill. 

15 minutes ago, wdw said:

To the initial question posed by the OP, no doubt about it, we are truly insane !

Yes we are, we can see it every single day all around the news. 

National security; the airports are almost shut down because they are short of staff. How more insane ...

All government employees just paid for a wall, there's your six billion right there. 

But it's 5G potential health issues versus the benefits for our telecommunication leaders and the population that enticed me to start this thread...radiation from super high radio frequencies. ...Cell Phones...equipment...cell phones...communication...radio...telecommunication...audio frequencies...radio...audio...equipment...cell phones...good...bad...5G...questions? 

Discussion or not, that's the question now.