IGNORED

5G - Are We Safe Or Insane?

Axial

58 minutes ago, bluesman said:

After careful consideration (and reading this thread again...), I've come to the conclusion that bacteria are endowed with higher intelligence - they're clearly smarter than we are.  When bombarded with substances toxic to them, they (and many other forms of life) develop resistance and look to their future.

If 5G renders humans extinct, bacteria will continue to frolic with the roaches in our absence.  So we can rest easily knowing we've left the planet to higher forms of life - and so can the planet.

PS:  So can the bacteria - no more antibiotics!!!

That is also a good argument for going full steam ahead with nuclear power.  Some bacteria aren't bothered by the radiation.  Roaches are far more resistant than humans though not impervious to it (yet).  So if we help the situation with global warming it is a plus.  If it all goes badly, well the roaches and bacteria won't be wiped out by any issues that ensue.  

On the off chance some roaches mutate to use 5G I'm not sure what might happen. The Roach Singularity maybe?

Which brings up a related question.  Should the homo sapiens be considered the biological mammal singularity?(only in plurality of course)

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

2 hours ago, bluesman said:

After careful consideration (and reading this thread again...), I've come to the conclusion that bacteria are endowed with higher intelligence - they're clearly smarter than we are.  When bombarded with substances toxic to them, they (and many other forms of life) develop resistance and look to their future.

If 5G renders humans extinct, bacteria will continue to frolic with the roaches in our absence.  So we can rest easily knowing we've left the planet to higher forms of life - and so can the planet.

But phages will have a field day (or two)!

12 hours ago, Jud said:

Happened so often they've got a canned reply. It proves "evolution" only happens when a higher intelligence is acting.

Yeah, that's really said, and actually believed.

yeah, I quoted this once, I am doing it again.

To me this makes their god small and just like them. God (big G)  is capable of creating a system that evolves within the set of parameters that science is trying to make sense of. I have no idea why anyone would think that if a being as powerful as God exists any of this is beyond his control, or that he needs to be making quadrillions of decisions every second of every day for every atom on earth. Who would want that responsibility? Also, it goes against free will. You either have it or you don't. If Gods making the decisions you don't. If you have free will, he isn't. Take your pick and stick with it.

ok, evangelical christian rant over.

No electron left behind.

42 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

yeah, I quoted this once, I am doing it again.

To me this makes their god small and just like them. God (big G)  is capable of creating a system that evolves within the set of parameters that science is trying to make sense of. I have no idea why anyone would think that if a being as powerful as God exists any of this is beyond his control, or that he needs to be making quadrillions of decisions every second of every day for every atom on earth. Who would want that responsibility? Also, it goes against free will. You either have it or you don't. If Gods making the decisions you don't. If you have free will, he isn't. Take your pick and stick with it.

ok, evangelical christian rant over.

Yeah, why no one ever thinks through to the self-contradiction (intelligent design relies on evolution being impossible, but what's impossible for an omniscient, omnipotent deity?), I don't know.

The other aspect of this is that fundamentally non-deterministic physics (quantum mechanics) is an odd way to run a universe for a deity who supposedly envisioned humans when he was sticking little outboard motors on bacteria's behinds.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

9 minutes ago, Jud said:

Yeah, why no one ever thinks through to the self-contradiction (intelligent design relies on evolution being impossible, but what's impossible for an omniscient, omnipotent deity?), I don't know.

The other aspect of this is that fundamentally non-deterministic physics (quantum mechanics) is an odd way to run a universe for a deity who supposedly envisioned humans when he was sticking little outboard motors on bacteria's behinds.

Maybe the problem is that we believe that we are the superior species.

Try to think like a bacterium, a virus or a fungus. After all they are winning the war and without needing 5G 🤔

Roch

4 hours ago, bluesman said:

1 hour ago, Axial said:

¤ https://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v50-thinq-lg-g8-thinq-947697/amp/

What about the specs?

"LG itself recently confirmed details about its 5G phone, though it stopped short of announcing its name. The device would include a 6-inch (probably QHD resolution) display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset, and a 4,000mAh battery. It’s also arriving with a vapor chamber cooling system to help dissipate heat.

Meanwhile, LG’s new mobile user interface is believed to make extensive use of gestures for navigation.

LG will face competition from other major Android OEMs in 5G, including South Korean rival Samsung. The global number one smartphone vendor is also expected to unveil its first 5G smartphone, the Galaxy X, next month. And if its rumored specs are anything to go on, LG might be more than a little worried."

8 hours ago, elcorso said:

1001525863_Wiredphonefreedom.thumb.JPG.ac13ee832d37ea2c26c90b22f471fbc9.JPG

Roch

Roch, my only phone is a corded landline, the Vtech CD1103. I would never get a cordless or a cell phone. It cost me $6 at Walmart many years ago and I expect it to last 10-15 years.

Vtech.jpg

I also prefer to use the gas stove and oven. When I do use the microwave oven I leave the room until it beeps.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa