IGNORED

5G - Are We Safe Or Insane?

Axial

3 hours ago, Jud said:

Also, details matter: Antibiotics are prescribed less often, for good reason, but I believe when prescribed the course should be completed, for the same reason. (In each case, the reason is to avoid creating the conditions that favor evolution of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.)

Speaking of conspiracy minded folks:

I knew someone who said anti-biotic use was using the devil inspired idea of evolution coupled with human greed to create with nature's help planned obsolescence in the medical field.  Anti-biotics were invented for this purpose because scientists knew this would happen. Doctors use anti-biotics, bugs evolve, you need more new anti-biotics and the evolved bugs are hardier and more prevalent and you need more even newer anti-biotics.  Finally you need them all the time almost everywhere, and every step of the way doctors have more infections to treat, with more expensive anti-biotic drugs and a exponentially growing cycle of dependency that makes doctors rich and drug companies richer.   

Sometimes people should step away from the cupboard where they keep the cooking sherry.  

Maybe we just need to hope 5G kills bacteria faster than it kills us.  See another advantage of 5G....solving the anti-biotic resistance problem.  

In short, most of us ARE safe.  Only some of us are INSANE!

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

26 minutes ago, Axial said:

Google must know something more than I know ...

Are we getting more disconnected (with our health, out vital human values, our natural environment...wildlife animals, forests, plants, air, water, humans, ...) by being more connected and faster connected? If so, then why are we living by old rules of laws (here 1996) that are killing us more and faster?

I've read many scientific articles, commentaries from expert doctors, mathematicians, physicists, biologists, ...all with PhDs and highly respected by their scientist peers, watched videos (like the above and many others), shared my findings from those, listened the non-concerned people, the minority of few concerned ones, being ridiculed, insulted, taken for a charlatan, an ignorant, an out-of-touch reality repugnant, a traitor, a mentally handicapped, a nobody. 

I thought to start this thread right here to see if everyone was right or just dreaming an impossible dream. And, this is only 5G that we're talking about here...much more "immersive" than anything before...3G and 4G.

Just imagine starting a thread about electric and electronics! 

...Like electric cars (good) and music/movie servers connected to the Internet highspeed highway with super fast telecommunication technology. 

Is 5G better with ICE cars or with electric cars? 

Do we need more factories making foil paper as a fire retardant suits? 

Do we look like Marvel superhero comics? ...With 5G implemented in our suits? 

...To alert us of imminent dangers from global warming, climate changes, forest fires, ozone layer, gas emission levels, toxic emulsions, eruptions, emails, ...?

To let us know fast that the prescriptions drugs we are taking against radiations are the wrong prescriptions because the pharmaceutical companies falsified their reports on their real effects and the doctors simply bought their formula? 

Are we more concerned by what we have (money, luxury items, cars, yachts, room services, fancy food, expensive cigars and cognac, ultra high end tape cassette decks, etc., etc., etc.) than who we are? ...Our family values, our health, our respect for our planet and humanity and our environment and our space, air, water and dirt? 

Are we going to let hazardous materials (electrical posts, like in dry areas), rule our lives and burn our houses and incinerate our communities? ...More posts, more transformers, more electronic boxes, ...more wireless brain for more and faster human damage. 

We don't think before we build; we just do it blindfolded like blind people and regardless of the real consequences that matter the most...the human brain cells preservation. 

But I'm sure I'm already @ the point of no recuperation. So why even bother?

I want to live my life in the ultra fast lane, leave me alone it is my right the law says so, written in 1996. I abide by the laws, I'm an obedient citizen, I pay my taxes, I vote for the right people, and I eat meat (steaks & eggs and mashed potatoes). 

I can understand the health concerns about 5G. As I said, for mobile phone use, it's been discussed for 20 years, so nothing new.

But I'm very confused by this post. It reads as very 'panicky' lol.

51 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

I can understand the health concerns about 5G. As I said, for mobile phone use, it's been discussed for 20 years, so nothing new.

But I'm very confused by this post. It reads as very 'panicky' lol.

No no, you read it on your own "panicky" perception. 

We go ahead, that 1996 old law gives us the permission. We should be safe, the law says so, no worries. 

Yes, it was a short humorous essay with a dose of reality mixed with some sarcasm to let the readers free to explore themselves. I enjoyed watching the short video you provided; it sure detonated a reaction. That's what you have read in that post, nothing more nothing less, and no panick from my part because there are other things too that are alarming as much if not higher and faster. We're in a 5G zone now, about to explode tremendously. We are learning as we go, but some experts know more than we do.

And that, is what we're talking about; their expert studies and factuel results.

Us we are just audiophile style members analysing 5G pros and cons from both sides.

Sure, we've been talking about mobile phones for over twenty years; there's no reason to not talk about it more now, not @ the precipice of 5G implementation.

And, it's an advanced, more accentuated ball game; in that sense it's completely new.

Why do you say "nothing new"? 

9 minutes ago, Axial said:

no panick from my part because there are other things too that are alarming as much if not higher and faster. We're in a 5G zone now, about to explode tremendously. We are learning as we go, but somd experts know more than we do.

And that, is what we're talking about; their expert studies and factuel results.

This part is cool of course.

9 minutes ago, Axial said:

Why do you say "nothing new"? 

I already said it further back in the thread.. Neurosurgeon Dr Charlie Teo was talking about it back in 2009 (talking about mobile phones) and I shared a link to the 2009 article...

The 5G concerns are an extension of the same concerns around mobile phone use.

This is him talking in 2017

6 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

This part is cool of course.

I already said it further back in the thread.. Neurosurgeon Dr Charlie Teo was talking about it back in 2009 (talking about mobile phones) and I shared a link to the 2009 article...

The 5G concerns are an extension of the same concerns around mobile phone use.

This is him talking in 2017

Alright.

Tablets too are going to be impregnated with 5G, not just cell phones. 

_____

Additional informative reading links:

▪ https://www.zdnet.com/article/what-5g-wireless-devices-will-do-that-4g-cannot/

▪ https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/12/dont-buy-a-5g-smartphone-at-least-not-for-a-while/

16 minutes ago, Axial said:

Tablets too are going to be impregnated with 5G, not just cell phones. 

Yes I said the 5G concerns are an extension of the same concerns around mobile phone use. Didn't say it's exactly the same thing and I didn't say it was limited to mobile phones.

With 5G it's going to go well beyond phones and tablets of course - but the concerns are the same. Radiation causing cancer...

So again, it's an extension of what has been discussed for a long time. Nothing new in that sense.

I'm watching/listening to your last posted video right now. 

I started a subject on this website with brand new people who I enjoy reading their reviews and experiments ... in all domains of audio, digital, sounds, music servers, MQA, Tidal, Roon, DSP,  Stereo, Mono, Multichannel, High Resolution, Streaming, DACs, SACD Players, Amplifiers, Speakers, Computers, Cards, Programs, Chips, Lifestyles ...

I thought it would be a good idea to discuss a subject that we have been discussing for the last twenty years, in addition to audio electronics progress, Computers, ...all that style jazz, and get into the 5G bandwagon just for the fun interest of it, just for living that reality, that expansion, tremendous expansion. ...With all our individual styles to have a wider vision of knowledge. 

I am much more advanced today than when I started this thread. 

And it's a very very very good thing, for me and anyone else who has an interest in it to explore and discover more. It fits, in my opinion, the style here, including radio wave transmissions on a higher and faster level. 

We have been talking about audiophiles for the last eighty-eight years (approximately);

5G is not even here yet. 

I can talk about audiophiles for the next hundred years, we are in a 5G zone here.

My other favorite threads are stereo versus multichannel audio/music, analog versus digital, record music mastering over the years, microphones, live music, films (I would like to see a forum section as it is also one of my style interests plus the movie soundtracks, sound effects, etc., including documentaries from heaven), and of course the music we love listening to and old and new;  from rock to blues to classical to jazz to electronica fusion to new age to alternative to international to opera to calypso to tango and gypsy. ...Small and big ensembles. 

5G ... Faster Telecommunication and much much more...

1 minute ago, Jud said:

Impregnated, eh? Will the baby tablets be 5G, or start as 3G and grow up?

I suppose the generation after which is offspring of 5G will be................wait for it.............................6G! OMG!!!!!!!🤯

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Em, I finished viewing the last video you posted, very good...ty.

_____

This one is funny but in a scary style of way ...

I'm not easily scared; I can watch horror flicks and found most of them more comedic. 

Two very recent ones (2018) I liked more are A Quiet Place and Hereditary.

But still I wasn't scared; I like Emily Blunt's performance, and in both films I like the audio soundtracks (sound mixes), very. 

And it is scary to see a tree (I worked in forests for most of my life), with an electronic transmitter/transformer of high frequency radio waves attached to it. 

Trees are life, oxygen, balance of planet's climate, so it's ironic, big time. 

* I like that: "Don't forget to tip your waiters."

25 minutes ago, Axial said:

This one is funny but in a scary style of way ...

Lol so I shared a video with a Neurosurgeon, a Professor, showing snippets of a doctor speaking to US senate/congress and a scientist. And someone in the audience asking about contradictory studies (a fair question). Good discussion.

And you shared this video... Respectfully, it's hard to have a serious discussion with a silly video like this one?

The only interesting thing about it was I got a look at how they're trying to disguise these 5G towers - that was comical.

But cell phone towers next to shops & homes etc have been around for a long time...

1 hour ago, Em2016 said:

Lol so I shared a video with a Neurosurgeon, a Professor, showing snippets of a doctor speaking to US senate/congress and a scientist. And someone in the audience asking about contradictory studies (a fair question). Good discussion.

And you shared this video... Respectfully, it's hard to have a serious discussion with a silly video like this one?

The only interesting thing about it was I got a look at how they're trying to disguise these 5G towers - that was comical.

But cell phone towers next to shops & homes etc have been around for a long time...

That's a good grouping of serious people you hang around with.

Next time I'll try to remain on that route. 

Yes, it was mainly for that tree ...

And yes, cell towers have been around for a long time; 5G just needs more of them, shorter, closer to homes, every second building. 5G is the big push of AI replacing humanity. Do we want that? Yes, looking @ the news channels everyday; that's the only thing that can save us from ourselves. I see no escaping unless we smart things up. 

You? 

8 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Antibiotics are prescribed less often, although I think we still have a long way to go both prescribing less, and educating parents why, but there is no proof that taking the antibiotics to the end does anything and may in fact help breed the resistant bugs. Of course, you can probably find 100 studies from each side of that debate, but this is where I am on it. The only reason I would tell someone to take them all is to be sure they kill the bug rather than stop taking them too early and stay sick longer than they have to.

I suppose the general idea on one side of the question is to try to kill as many pathogens as possible even after symptoms are gone, lowering chances there will be some left with higher drug resistance to reproduce.  The general idea on the other side I suppose is that you've got a huge number of bacteria in your system at all times; they can interchange DNA; so why breed drug resistance into any part of that population?

This is when you get good scientific questions, when there are logical, factually supported arguments for multiple courses of action.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

46 minutes ago, Jud said:

I suppose the general idea on one side of the question is to try to kill as many pathogens as possible even after symptoms are gone, lowering chances there will be some left with higher drug resistance to reproduce.  The general idea on the other side I suppose is that you've got a huge number of bacteria in your system at all times; they can interchange DNA; so why breed drug resistance into any part of that population?

This is when you get good scientific questions, when there are logical, factually supported arguments for multiple courses of action.

I recall hearing somewhere that one reason for completing an antibiotics course even after symptoms have subsided is to ensure the infection is thoroughly defeated and doesn't come back.

14 minutes ago, mansr said:

I recall hearing somewhere that one reason for completing an antibiotics course even after symptoms have subsided is to ensure the infection is thoroughly defeated and doesn't come back.

The bacteria left to reestablish the infection would be the ones with some degree of antibiotic resistance, so two aspects of the same thing.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On our little OT journey here (thank you to @Axial for permitting us to take it), ouch (have a look under Conclusions in the abstract): https://www.bmj.com/content/364/bmj.k5092