IGNORED

5G - Are We Safe Or Insane?

Axial

Hide the family jewels, they will restart 28 GHz auction soon.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/fcc-s-28-ghz-auction-suspended-due-to-weather

Wish I could bid on some for my block.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

1 hour ago, Arpiben said:

Not interesting in terms of bandwidth/throughput. Save your money for auctions dealing with frequencies above 80 GHz  😉 

Folks in Dane, Wisconsin apparently like it for some reason (if you read the linked article).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

11 minutes ago, bluesman said:

And if the 28G spectrum brings $10+ million in Wisconsin, imagine what they'll get for 20-20K in New York! 

For *exclusive* control/licensing rights?  😆

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, bluesman said:

And if the 28G spectrum brings $10+ million in Wisconsin, imagine what they'll get for 20-20K in New York! 

Well I'm more in the market for one of those areas that had the $500 and less winning bid. I'll have to buy what I can afford and move. Then work on developing that so I'll become a 28 billion Hertz billionaire.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

3 hours ago, esldude said:

Well I'm more in the market for one of those areas that had the $500 and less winning bid. I'll have to buy what I can afford and move. Then work on developing that so I'll become a 28 billion Hertz billionaire.

You’ll have to sine on the dotted line to catch that wave.

25 minutes ago, bluesman said:

You’ll have to sine on the dotted line to catch that wave.

Yes I will.

I've got a long range plan.  I think some of those less desirable areas are probably in Alaska or something.  In the future, with global warming and all that such places will become much more desirable.  So I need to buy one of the cheap areas in Alaska, and market all kinds of cheap pure Class A very powerful audiophile amps to promote global warming and speed up the return on my investment. 

3 minutes ago, esldude said:

Yes I will.

I've got a long range plan.  I think some of those less desirable areas are probably in Alaska or something.  In the future, with global warming and all that such places will become much more desirable.  So I need to buy one of the cheap areas in Alaska, and market all kinds of cheap pure Class A very powerful audiophile amps to promote global warming and speed up the return on my investment. 

Say watt????

7 hours ago, Jud said:

Folks in Dane, Wisconsin apparently like it for some reason (if you read the linked article).

Keep in mind that the auction is dealing only with the right to use the frequency band. People operating will then need to pay the telecom regulator an annual fee based on bandwidth and/or capacity used.

Bandwidths or C.S. Channel Spacing are limited (f<60GHz) to:

- 5/10/20/30/40/50/56 MHz (ANSI)

- 3.5/7/14/28/40/56/112 MHz (ETSI)

In terms of Throughput you are limited to a max of around 500Mbps per radio channel with C.S=56MHz.

For 5G and future those bandwidths are not sufficient. This is the reason why the trend is for f>=60 GHz ( E, W and D bands). Due to C.S up to 2000MHz those bands allow rates up to 10 Gbps per radio channel. That was my point when stating that 28GHz was not the most interesting.

Anyhow since millimeter waves are more sensitive to rain/snow traffic will be carried in frequency aggregate mode sharing same antenna. For example 18/80 GHz dual carrier.

In other words there is still need for such "lower" bands like Wisconsin case. In Europe, the frequency spectrum is already congested up to 40 GHz.

If someone would just let me hook up at one channel of 5 GHz I'd be happy. Instead not enough wireless signal and lousy allegedly 6 Mbps DSL that never is that much. I don't see the millimeter wave improving my situation in the next decade.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:35 AM, MetalNuts said:

Sometimes I do wonder which scientist is trustworthy and we have all experienced lies from scientists and experts.  I can still recall in my teenage, people started eating magarine because sceintist claimed it is a healthy substitute of butter but now scientists are reversing the claim. 

Some scientists warn not to eat so many eggs and in particular eat only the egg white and not the yolk but again some scientists now are reversing the claim.

Here they talk about the effect of wi-fi on health but I would like to ask the question of why only wi-fi.  Do I need to be a scientist to know that too much wave of any kind will affect health or even harzardous, i.e. sea wave (tsunami), sound wave (sonic weapons), solar wave, electrical wave, magnetic wave.

That is because science is continually making discoveries. New insights.

That is  good thing, otherwise we would still have lead piping.

[br]

On 1/18/2019 at 5:47 PM, mordante said:

That is because science is continually making discoveries. New insights.

That is  good thing, otherwise we would still have lead piping.

To me, that means scientists are heavily biased towards producing a result in thier subjective mind without performing a due diligence of all possible outcome before announcing such discoveries and because of that human lifes are at stake.

MetalNuts

▪ https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/what-can-you-do-with-a-5g-smartphone/

_____

5G & Huawei equipment versus security ... + all that 5G world jazz.

• https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/18/huawei-5g-ban-in-germany.html

• https://www.cnet.com/news/canadian-ban-on-huaweis-5g-tech-will-trigger-repercussions-says-china/

As a member of the North Pacific accord (North America - Canada), I found sad the situation of 5G Huawei (China), USA, Canada, Mecico, Germany, Australia, France, Europe, UK, Brazil, and other economic leading countries of the future telecommunication system of 5G (China leadership). Security is number one priority in this climatic world; no one wants to be controlled more than we already are with our electronics...computers, laptops, tablets, cell phones, TVs, receivers, servers, ...anything collecting personal and private information (data) through apps, browsers, cameras/microphones on all our devices, family pictures, travel pictures, browsing habits, bank accounts, credit cards, passwords, love life, friends, ... all the things that are private in our lives. The music we listen too and the gear we use are our decisions to share with other hobbyists like us. And if the good looking people want to share selfies on Instagram it's their business, not the hackers and spies business. 

We have enough problems as it is with the news channels, Amazon, Google, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Yahoo, Gmail, all those apps of the wireless Internet ... without getting wack on top of it by some 5G control freaks. 

Soon they'll laser beam up with chips in our brain too. 

China seems to take pleasure @ copying everything and installing super miniature spying devices in their electronics. Huawei I'm sure is not the only company to play that game. 

Brief it is a very sad reality, and it is extremely hard to find those super miniature spying devices the size of a micron. You need a super powerful microscope to even see behind the invisible. 

You probably heard and see some pictures on that subject, so I won't post any link.

I admit that my knowledge on Huawei with their products and the 5G technology is quite restricted. I just know that several countries ban their 5G phones and more countries are considering. It is alarming. 

8 minutes ago, wgscott said:

Good point.  Next time you get pneumonia, treat it with prayer, rather than antibiotics.

Indeed, previously the medical practitioner advised that patients  must take all the antibiotics prescribed even they had recovered before all the prescribed antibotics were taken. 

Now, some have different view and advise patients it is not necessary to take all!  So why there is a different theory or outcome.  Super germ/virus is a result of the abuse use of antibiotics, the scientists have no idea of the whole picture and treat the human lives at a piece meal.  You may recover your pneumonia by taking antibiotics but you actually help breeding some super germs/virus.  Ironic, isn't it?

MetalNuts

1 hour ago, MetalNuts said:

To me, that means scientists are heavily biased towards producing a result in thier subjective mind without performing a due diligence of all possible outcome before announcing such discoveries and because of that human lifes are at stake.

If you want to see "heavily biased" watch the refs in the Saints game.