IGNORED

5G - Are We Safe Or Insane?

Axial

This makes be despair for the future of humanity.  I'm not at all worried about 5G radiation.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

3 minutes ago, Mayfair said:

So are you saying if the telecoms don't get you then nature will?😉

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Hide the family jewels, they will restart 28 GHz auction soon.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/fcc-s-28-ghz-auction-suspended-due-to-weather

Wish I could bid on some for my block.

1 hour ago, bluesman said:

And if the 28G spectrum brings $10+ million in Wisconsin, imagine what they'll get for 20-20K in New York! 

Well I'm more in the market for one of those areas that had the $500 and less winning bid. I'll have to buy what I can afford and move. Then work on developing that so I'll become a 28 billion Hertz billionaire.

25 minutes ago, bluesman said:

You’ll have to sine on the dotted line to catch that wave.

Yes I will.

I've got a long range plan.  I think some of those less desirable areas are probably in Alaska or something.  In the future, with global warming and all that such places will become much more desirable.  So I need to buy one of the cheap areas in Alaska, and market all kinds of cheap pure Class A very powerful audiophile amps to promote global warming and speed up the return on my investment. 

If someone would just let me hook up at one channel of 5 GHz I'd be happy. Instead not enough wireless signal and lousy allegedly 6 Mbps DSL that never is that much. I don't see the millimeter wave improving my situation in the next decade.

30 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

have you been bathing in radon?

also, you need some speeling corekshuns

Did you say he needed some Speilberg connections?

3 hours ago, Jud said:

Also, details matter: Antibiotics are prescribed less often, for good reason, but I believe when prescribed the course should be completed, for the same reason. (In each case, the reason is to avoid creating the conditions that favor evolution of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.)

Speaking of conspiracy minded folks:

I knew someone who said anti-biotic use was using the devil inspired idea of evolution coupled with human greed to create with nature's help planned obsolescence in the medical field.  Anti-biotics were invented for this purpose because scientists knew this would happen. Doctors use anti-biotics, bugs evolve, you need more new anti-biotics and the evolved bugs are hardier and more prevalent and you need more even newer anti-biotics.  Finally you need them all the time almost everywhere, and every step of the way doctors have more infections to treat, with more expensive anti-biotic drugs and a exponentially growing cycle of dependency that makes doctors rich and drug companies richer.   

Sometimes people should step away from the cupboard where they keep the cooking sherry.  

Maybe we just need to hope 5G kills bacteria faster than it kills us.  See another advantage of 5G....solving the anti-biotic resistance problem.  

In short, most of us ARE safe.  Only some of us are INSANE!

1 minute ago, Jud said:

Impregnated, eh? Will the baby tablets be 5G, or start as 3G and grow up?

I suppose the generation after which is offspring of 5G will be................wait for it.............................6G! OMG!!!!!!!🤯

I've now become convinced that 5G had made at least one person post insanely.

How do you tell when an AI goes insane?

22 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

With the danger of 5G we don't need no games that originate from Communist countries.  ;)

43 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

long before that political system got there

besides... maybe it began in Taiwan

You don't seem to grasp the reach of Communist poison. It retroactively taints entire cultures and the history.  If their historical culture were good, then Communism could never come to exist in control. 😫

36 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

You don't seem to grasp the reach of history.

Come on. 

Surely I must be joking.  

53 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

set phazers to stupify.jpg

I wonder if there is also an ignorize setting? 

12 minutes ago, wdw said:

You two have reduced this site to a gong show...get a room...

staying on topic what is your opinion of 5G  Safe or insane?

BTW, I'm not a big proponent of 5G. The hype is nearly as crazy as the worry of Axial.  I think it would be a decade or two before coverage is very good outside large cities.  I think we'd benefit more to fill in more places with really good 4G (much 4G works though marginally).  4G when good can be pretty speedy.  

My complaint is all the ignorant worry about the effects of this radiation at these frequencies.   I put it in the bin with those crazies who insisted microwave cooking was a health problem.  

6 hours ago, marce said:

Well I for one am not really worried about my brain being fried by 5G... I shall die of asphyxiation first.

https://www.who.int/airpollution/en/

Its always best to put things into perspective.

http://time.com/longform/ulan-bator-mongolia-most-polluted-capital/

Just don't winter in the capitol city of Mongolia, and you'll probably make it.

image.thumb.png.0b81808f881b5ededf00f4460c87fa5f.png

http://www.wpro.who.int/mongolia/publications/20180228_policy_brief_on_air_pollution.pdf

2 hours ago, wgscott said:

No, it is totally off-topic conspiracy theory-infused ranting made from a point of view that is fundamentally ignorant about the physics of electromagnetic radiation.

What on earth does it have to do with audio?

Well the big question is whether a direct 5G connected DAC has lowered jitter and more "analog" like sound quality.  Sure, maybe it reduces your lifespan, but maybe it makes the life you have more musically meaningful. We could even put up with a little communism if it gets me more solids sounds qualities.  You'll need 5G speeds to squeek in with two channels of DSD 16,384.  My guess would be they can implant subcutaneously the antennae around our skull to receive the signals and convert them right into the auditory cortex.  Which also fixes issues with our hearing getting worse with age.   

7 minutes ago, Axial said:

You use ESL speakers? 

Yes I do.  Soundlabs.  I've had Acoustats, old and new Quads, and though not stats I've had Maggies which are panels and ribbons. 

3 minutes ago, Axial said:

Nice.

Thank you. 

Panels can be there own thing with much to recommend them and their own issues to work around.