IGNORED

DAC/Streamer is needed!

Hey, guys! 

Just sold my NAD M51 and looking for a new amazingly sounding  DAC with maybe a streaming option.

Would be nice also if that was capable of DSD 512 and maybe PCM 768kHz, just in case :D

Must have XLR balanced outputs and Toslink input

The budget is around $6000 US. Can go higher if needed.

My other components are:
Foobar2000/HQplayer
MacBook Pro (late 2017),
USB digital interface: "Gustard U16",
Integrated amplifier: Musical Fidelity - "Nu-Vista 600",
loudspeakers: "ProAc D48R"

Would be super grateful for all suggestions!

Thanks! 

On 1/8/2019 at 4:17 PM, Sergey_S said:

Hey, guys! 

Just sold my NAD M51 and looking for a new amazingly sounding  DAC with maybe a streaming option.

Would be nice also if that was capable of DSD 512 and maybe PCM 768kHz, just in case :D

Must have XLR balanced outputs and Toslink input

The budget is around $6000 US. Can go higher if needed.

My other components are:
Foobar2000/HQplayer
MacBook Pro (late 2017),
USB digital interface: "Gustard U16",
Integrated amplifier: Musical Fidelity - "Nu-Vista 600",
loudspeakers: "ProAc D48R"

Would be super grateful for all suggestions!

Thanks! 

You can check what we did with Pro iDSD. Seems to be a nice fit in your budget and for your needs.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

i'd look at a ps audio directstream with the network bridge option (closer to $7k though).

for less, how about a sonore ultrarendu w/lps (about $1300) with a chord hugo 2 ($2700)?

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
2 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

i'd look at a ps audio directstream with the network bridge option (closer to $7k though).

for less, how about a sonore ultrarendu w/lps (about $1300) with a chord hugo 2 ($2700)?

Yeah, I was about to ask about PS Audio, as I am seriously considering Direct Stream DAC. One thing, that bothers me, is that I will be able to get it in May 2019! Almost 5 months..  :(  

But if people say it is really good, I'd wait. 

1 hour ago, Sergey_S said:

Yeah, I was about to ask about PS Audio, as I am seriously considering Direct Stream DAC. One thing, that bothers me, is that I will be able to get it in May 2019! Almost 5 months..  :(  

But if people say it is really good, I'd wait. 

Buy a used one instead of new. The warranty is transferrable and you can get the DAC for almost 50% off of retail. That's how I got mine and I love the DAC.

2 minutes ago, diecaster said:

Buy a used one instead of new. The warranty is transferrable and you can get the DAC for almost 50% off of retail. That's how I got mine and I love the DAC.

I can't find a used one here in Ukraine, and I don't want to bring one from abroad as I'll have to add 32% taxes on everything above 150 euro, plus custom services.. 

Also..  I don't like used! :P