Jump to content
Rt66indierock

Will Rafe Arnott of AudioStream allow my comment?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I posted a comment today that Tidal is not streaming audio's 900 pound gorilla because of the small subscriber numbers. 

 

I talked with him briefly at RMAF 2017 and my posts have not survived moderation since then. If I'm banned just tell specifically why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, One and a half said:

Your problem, don't involve us please.

 

Even Michael Lavorgna allowed all my posts. The idea that Tidal is big needs to be challenged because it is untrue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

I posted a comment today that Tidal is not streaming audio's 900 pound gorilla because of the small subscriber numbers. 

 

I talked with him briefly at RMAF 2017 and my posts have not survived moderation since then. If I'm banned just tell specifically why.

 

Without even knowing what you posted, the safe bet is "no".  He is a typical  salesman reviewer in Audiophiledom, thus for him if comments are not furthering the industry cause then they are hurting his $business$.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

I posted a comment today that Tidal is not streaming audio's 900 pound gorilla because of the small subscriber numbers. 

 

I talked with him briefly at RMAF 2017 and my posts have not survived moderation since then. If I'm banned just tell specifically why.

I say you can't fix people,  He's under the AVTech Media Ltd owner umbrella and follows the audio MQA support script, So I recommend 18 holes of golf. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, mav52 said:

I say you can't fix people,  He's under the AVTech Media Ltd owner umbrella and follows the audio MQA support script, So I recommend 18 holes of golf. :)

 

The guy who makes AVTech Media work, Paul Miller isn't exactly an MQA supporter. 18 holes of golf is normally an excellent idea  but its a little wet in Scottsdale. So for a couple of days a little work on my driver and 4 wood, send a putter head to be refinished and send another putter head to prepped for refinishing and drill a hole to move the center of gravity a bit toward the center of the face.

 

If Rafe is broken then that should be documented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arnott was one of Scoggins' co-conspirators at Part Time Audiophile.  And he's brought his editorial "style" to his new gig.  Arnott, like Scoggins, wants Audio Friends In High Places, not consumer advocacy.

 

EDIT: Is this the post in question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

 

The guy who makes AVTech Media work, Paul Miller isn't exactly an MQA supporter. 18 holes of golf is normally an excellent idea  but its a little wet in Scottsdale. So for a couple of days a little work on my driver and 4 wood, send a putter head to be refinished and send another putter head to prepped for refinishing and drill a hole to move the center of gravity a bit toward the center of the face.

 

If Rafe is broken then that should be documented.

Hey send me a PM, I need to get my old Newport putter head refinished

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Arnott was one of Scoggins' co-conspirators at Part Time Audiophile.  And he's brought his editorial "style" to his new gig.  Arnott, like Scoggins, wants Audio Friends In High Places, not consumer advocacy.

 

EDIT: Is this the post in question?

 

It is I wonder if my post here impacted his decision?

 

It is always better to have friends in medium places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

 

It is I wonder if my post here impacted his decision?

 

It is always better to have friends in medium places.

 

Arnott tries to position MQA as a "no strings" consumer choice. These guys really have no limits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

I posted a comment today that Tidal is not streaming audio's 900 pound gorilla because of the small subscriber numbers. 

 

I talked with him briefly at RMAF 2017 and my posts have not survived moderation since then. If I'm banned just tell specifically why.

 

Stephen, in the interest of accuracy, Rafe wrote "...high-resolution streaming audio’s 900-pound gorilla – TIDAL"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

 

Stephen, in the interest of accuracy, Rafe wrote "...high-resolution streaming audio’s 900-pound gorilla – TIDAL"

 

I have gentlemen's agreements with a couple industry people involving high-resolution audio not to say much more than "you will find high-resolution a very hard sell" if they don't go overboard supporting MQA. A we each stay in our own lanes kind of thing. So far the agreements are holding. So I delete references to high-resolution as a matter of course. 

 

In any case Tidal's HiFi subscriber base is so small that it doesn't matter.  About 171,000 in 2017. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

900 Pound Gorilla.  Great name for a band!!

 

There is a John Lennon song about not trusting anyone.....I would add most audio reviewers to Mr. Lennons list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NOMBEDES said:

900 Pound Gorilla.  Great name for a band!!

 

There is a John Lennon song about not trusting anyone.....I would add most audio reviewers to Mr. Lennons list.

 

Somebody though so they are a punk band.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×