IGNORED

Will Rafe Arnott of AudioStream allow my comment?

5 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

I posted a comment today that Tidal is not streaming audio's 900 pound gorilla because of the small subscriber numbers. 

I talked with him briefly at RMAF 2017 and my posts have not survived moderation since then. If I'm banned just tell specifically why.

Without even knowing what you posted, the safe bet is "no".  He is a typical  salesman reviewer in Audiophiledom, thus for him if comments are not furthering the industry cause then they are hurting his $business$.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

19 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

I posted a comment today that Tidal is not streaming audio's 900 pound gorilla because of the small subscriber numbers. 

I talked with him briefly at RMAF 2017 and my posts have not survived moderation since then. If I'm banned just tell specifically why.

I say you can't fix people,  He's under the AVTech Media Ltd owner umbrella and follows the audio MQA support script, So I recommend 18 holes of golf. :)

The Truth Is Out There

48 minutes ago, mav52 said:

I say you can't fix people,  He's under the AVTech Media Ltd owner umbrella and follows the audio MQA support script, So I recommend 18 holes of golf. :)

The guy who makes AVTech Media work, Paul Miller isn't exactly an MQA supporter. 18 holes of golf is normally an excellent idea  but its a little wet in Scottsdale. So for a couple of days a little work on my driver and 4 wood, send a putter head to be refinished and send another putter head to prepped for refinishing and drill a hole to move the center of gravity a bit toward the center of the face.

If Rafe is broken then that should be documented.

21 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

The guy who makes AVTech Media work, Paul Miller isn't exactly an MQA supporter. 18 holes of golf is normally an excellent idea  but its a little wet in Scottsdale. So for a couple of days a little work on my driver and 4 wood, send a putter head to be refinished and send another putter head to prepped for refinishing and drill a hole to move the center of gravity a bit toward the center of the face.

If Rafe is broken then that should be documented.

Hey send me a PM, I need to get my old Newport putter head refinished

The Truth Is Out There

7 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Arnott was one of Scoggins' co-conspirators at Part Time Audiophile.  And he's brought his editorial "style" to his new gig.  Arnott, like Scoggins, wants Audio Friends In High Places, not consumer advocacy.

EDIT: Is this the post in question?

It is I wonder if my post here impacted his decision?

It is always better to have friends in medium places.

39 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

It is I wonder if my post here impacted his decision?

It is always better to have friends in medium places.

Arnott tries to position MQA as a "no strings" consumer choice. These guys really have no limits.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

21 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

Stephen, in the interest of accuracy, Rafe wrote "...high-resolution streaming audio’s 900-pound gorilla – TIDAL"

19 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Stephen, in the interest of accuracy, Rafe wrote "...high-resolution streaming audio’s 900-pound gorilla – TIDAL"

I have gentlemen's agreements with a couple industry people involving high-resolution audio not to say much more than "you will find high-resolution a very hard sell" if they don't go overboard supporting MQA. A we each stay in our own lanes kind of thing. So far the agreements are holding. So I delete references to high-resolution as a matter of course. 

In any case Tidal's HiFi subscriber base is so small that it doesn't matter.  About 171,000 in 2017. 

900 Pound Gorilla.  Great name for a band!!

There is a John Lennon song about not trusting anyone.....I would add most audio reviewers to Mr. Lennons list.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law