IGNORED

Trinnov hifi st2 any experience?

22 hours ago, Thomas savage said:

Hi am just shamelessly fishing for opinions on this , preferably direct experience related to the thing. I likely going to buy one second hand but thought I’d seek some advice first. 

Cheers 

Thomas,

IMO it is a great piece of kit with the advantage of allowing the user to go as deep into the topic as desired. Depending on your listening environment, the impact on SQ can be significant.

• 2 years later...

I'm the Trinnov Amethyst owner for five years. This device is amazing. It corrects room and loudspeaker flaws in terms of frequency and phase response. Easy to use. There are a lot of tuning features for advanced users. Trinnov has ADC and analog inputs, so you can use it even with a turntable. 

ame.jpg.ad8665d3d044e42011ca8a3572f00e84.jpg

A new ST2 hifi owner here.  Has been using it for 2 months.  Tried to use it to improve the acoustics of my sitting room where one of my speakers is placed next to a big panel of windows while the other is open to dining room.  Most impressive is the improvement in bass delivery.  Before using it, the bass was boomed and fat.  Now it is much more defined and focused.  Moreover, more details in the mid-range is revealed.  Of course the asymmetry is still here but it is better.  I'm using the basic preset after microphone calibration.

The Trinnov devices perform superbly. For a two channel system the newer model DEQX devices also perform well (the digital sections in the older versions were not terrific, IMO).

Roon + HQ Player; Trinnov Altitude32; Bricasti M3 with Ethernet and headphone amp; Pro Audio Technology 28212ai active speakers and amps plus four 15" subs; MSB Reference DAC wi/ Digital Director; Antipodes K50 server; MadVR video processing with JVC NZ9 projector; Kii3 + Control in another room; Accourate, Trinnov, and Dirac bass management and room correction; extensive RPG room treatment; HifiMan and Focal cans; Decware Taboo Mk3; 20 amp hospital grade UPS; EtherRegen, Sonore Empirical Audio and SOTM, all on LPS, feeding DACs