Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mbain

Ultrarendu with Eitr

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

After months of successful use I find that my ultrarendu no longer sees my Eitr (usb) converter.  What to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mbain said:

No.

You have SonicOrbiter 2.7?

Have you powered down the Eitr, then power down the Rendu, then powered up the Eitr and Rendu in that order? 

Have you recently (bast few days) pressed the update button, waited for the Back to Main Menu link, and reboot the unit?

Have you tested the Eitr on a different computer to be sure it works?

Have you tried different USB cable (cheap USB cable)? 

Have you visually inspected the connector on the Rendu for damage? 

 

If all these check out then you need to email your vendor and request an RMA number so we can have a look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vortecjr said:

You have SonicOrbiter 2.7?

Have you powered down the Eitr, then power down the Rendu, then powered up the Eitr and Rendu in that order? 

Have you recently (bast few days) pressed the update button, waited for the Back to Main Menu link, and reboot the unit?

Have you tested the Eitr on a different computer to be sure it works?

Have you tried different USB cable (cheap USB cable)? 

Have you visually inspected the connector on the Rendu for damage? 

 

If all these check out then you need to email your vendor and request an RMA number so we can have a look at it.

Thank you for your reply and suggestions.  I will try your suggestions and advise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mbain said:

Thank you for your reply and suggestions.  I will try your suggestions and advise.

Error in alsa-capabilities  (v0.9.1): play did not find a sound card

This is the message I get in Settings, custom DAC.  I have tried your suggestions without success to this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mbain said:
Error in alsa-capabilities  (v0.9.1): play did not find a sound card

This is the message I get in Settings, custom DAC.  I have tried your suggestions without success to this point.

Does the Eitr work on a regular computer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 1:35 PM, vortecjr said:

Does the Eitr work on a regular computer?

I just now connected the Eitr to my iMac directly using the same usb cable i was using to connect to the Ultrarendu.  The Eitr appears as an audio device in the Audio MIDI Setup window.  This tells me the usb cable is not faulty.  What does it say re. The Eitr?

 

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, today I stumbled upon the solution to my problem.  I am posting this fix for the benefit of those who, like me, are increasingly frustrated with glitches and malfunctions.  Over the last 7-10 days I have spent 30-40 hours of my time looking to solve the issue at hand, suspecting all the while that something I did or did not do was the culprit.  Initially I updated my Ultrarendu to Sonicorbiter 2.7.  According to the installation screen, all went well, the installation was successful and was followed by a reboot.  Then the problems began, no sound, the result of the Eitr/DAC combo not being recognized under settings/DAC diagnostics.  As I said, 30-40 hours later and thinking that the installation of 2.7 might be the issue in spite of messages indicating the installation went well, I reinstalled 2.7 for the 5th time to lo and behold find the Eitr/DAC combo visualized.  I also spent $20.00 dollars purchasing a new 2.7 memory card that I apparently no longer need. I came very close to forgetting computer based audio in favor of audio solutions that are more stable, tried and true, after all, for most of us the hobby is about the music not so much getting the equipment to work.   I hope my experience helps someone down the line.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×