IGNORED

Audirvana - how to backup the libary file

I've had a recent crash of several of my external drives due to a problem with the electrical systems of my appartment. 

My backup strategy wasn't as good as I thought, but at least I've been able to recover most of my music files on a new hard drive. 

I'd now like to build a new A+ library from scratch. That should be pretty easy, just telling A+ to sync with the new location of my recovered audio files.

However, I'd like to maintain a backup of my current library file somewhere, ideally being albe to open it separately, to see how much I lost in the process of recovery.

@damien78 and others, any recommendation on how to best do this?

And warning to everybody, don't just do the backups, also check if they work!  

Close A+

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System... When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom... click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Copy that file somewhere (that is your database of music). With older A+ there is 3 files.

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist (those are A+ software preferences).

All my Smart Playlists are saved 'Exported' somewhere too.
Click a Playlist... go to File Menu... Export Playlist... yes one by one (till now with 3.2.14)

Importing can be done in one shot by selecting capital key (first and last) or removing some in the middle by holding cmd key.

Database and prefs are saved everyday for me, worked so hard to get it right...

You just have to close A+

put those two files where they were before

restart Mac and restart A+, it should be like it was before the crash,

less one day if you made changes in your database.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Those are all the files i've found to trash when you wanted to start from scratch...

Go to the Main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)

Go to the Main Library Folder... LaunchDaemons Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up!)

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Cookies…
Trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.binarycookies

trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Caches… com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
trash the files in that folder

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

1 hour ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Those are all the files i've found to trash when you wanted to start from scratch...

Go to the Main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)

Go to the Main Library Folder... LaunchDaemons Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)

Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up!)

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Cookies…
Trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.binarycookies

trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Caches… com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
trash the files in that folder

Thanks. Just did this, the database is being generated from the files I was able to recover (I think most of them). Luckily all the tagging efforts are stored in the file metadata so not too much lost, just play count. I don’t just playlists. 

This will take a while with nearly 4TB of music.

Very useful, the above!

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.