Ralf11

Hey, Hey, My, My

Rate this topic

I would listen to some of this stuff, but right now I am listening to Celine Dion and enjoying it.  I am not making this up...   😛

35 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Not bad. You've just convinced me this song should be sung by a woman (or N.Young).

it is like Sweet Jane (which I also posted covers of) - core of the rock idiom, yet accepting many of many voices, many instruments

I still think Neil Young's is the best so far.  BattleMe from SOA would be my second choice. 

Of course I think Sweet Jane is a better song all the way around. I even owned the original LP this was on from Velvet Underground way back when. 

I must say the Cowboy Junkies cover is hauntingly good. 

I think she (Mandy Ward) is an amateur (at least so far).

The Chromatics gave a nice rendition with a different flavor.

I'm all in with Sweet Jane, as well as the haunting nature of the Cowboy Junkies version.

21 minutes ago, esldude said:

I still think Neil Young's is the best so far. 

Oh Yes, I change my vote to Neil Young. I thought it was only covers. I think I went with Mandy Ward because she tried to give it a similar sensibility to Neil but mainly she is young and doesn't scream

5 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

Nice. I like covers where the artist changes the song and reveals different aspects than the original.

BTW I remember being extremely surprised N.Young mentioned Johnny Rotten when I heard this song for the first time. For me these were guys from two different rock camps. Anyway the song without a doubt and deservedly is one of the greatest rock'n'roll anthems!

On 1/1/2019 at 11:12 PM, firedog said:

Nice. I like covers where the artist changes the song and reveals different aspects than the original.

5 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

very nice. sounds dynamic too unlike a couple of her other videos, sounding compressed.She signed with Trestle Ridge Records in 2018 and is currently working on her debut record set for release in 2019.