IGNORED

Small Green Computer Server/Player – with 2TB SSD $500

Marketed by Small Green Computer as the “Audiophile Jukebox”.  Essentially a SonicTransporter with an SOtM USB output card.  Includes 2TB SSD for storage. Runs the Sonicorbiter operating system which allows it to be configured as a Roon Server, Squeezelite/Squeezebox Server, Apple Airplay emulator, MPD Renderer, DNLA etc.  Connect the device to a network by ethernet and it will play to an endpoint such as the ultraRendu.  Or connect directly to a DAC by USB cable for a more compete computer audio solution. 

It will sound significantly better than a desktop or laptop.  That’s been my experience comparing the unit with running Roon on an MacBook Pro, iMac and iMac Pro. I’ve been using it primarily as a Roon Core device, using Roon’s DSP feature to upsample to 192kHz (as high as my DAC will accept). Will probably not have enough processing power to upsample to higher DSD rates. (The reason I am selling is to buy a more powerful SonicTransporter to experiment with HQ Player.)

Includes original box and SMPS. The included power supply will power everything, but it is also possible to provide a second source of power to separately supply the SOtM USB card.

Feedback as seller on Canuck Audio Mart:  https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/userfeedback.php?user_id=2126

Feedback as seller on Audiogon:  https://www.audiogon.com/users/twiens

$500 price includes shipping to Canada or USA.

IMG_7954.JPG

IMG_7953.JPG

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 3.18.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 3.19.22 PM.png

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

• 2 weeks later...