IGNORED

Article: CA is now Audiophile Style!

19 hours ago, wgscott said:

We will be forming a recovery/support Fakebook group.

It was actually a practical note to anyone who (1) posts in or follows active threads and so gets a fair amount of email from here, (2) gets a lot of email in general, and (3) has set up sorting rules to help manage email, that the sorting rule for email from this forum might need to be tweaked if you don't want it all coming to your Inbox.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I used to frequent an irreverent post-audiophile board called Audio Annex. Their definition of audiophile style: bearded and overweight, wearing overalls and a food-stained sweatshirt.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

6 hours ago, Jud said:

It was actually a practical note to anyone who (1) posts in or follows active threads and so gets a fair amount of email from here, (2) gets a lot of email in general, and (3) has set up sorting rules to help manage email, that the sorting rule for email from this forum might need to be tweaked if you don't want it all coming to your Inbox.

I love Head-fi's notification system.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

11 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

I love Head-fi's notification system.

I've posted on and received notifications from Head-Fi. For me this actually has less to do with how a particular forum' does notifications, and more to do with how one organizes a lot of email.

But I imagine Chris and others might be interested in knowing what you like about the way Head-Fi does it.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

11 hours ago, firedog said:

The site makes the name.
Not the other way around.

Do any of the regular members/posters really think the name matters?

Agreed, it's only of relevance to those unfamiliar to the site and searching for a place to visit.

I agree with losing "Computer" in the name for the reasons nominated in the OP.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

4 hours ago, Jud said:

I've posted on and received notifications from Head-Fi. For me this actually has less to do with how a particular forum' does notifications, and more to do with how one organizes a lot of email.

But I imagine Chris and others might be interested in knowing what you like about the way Head-Fi does it.

I don't know if this is universal, but I don't get email notifications from Head-Fi. When someone posts to a thread I'm following, I get a notification at the top of my page. We don't have that option here, it's either email notifications or nothing. Some threads go hog wild and monopolize my inbox, which is annoying.

PS Audiophile Style is my favourite website for content. If there's some way to get notifications that I'm not aware of, please let me know.

Just now, audiobomber said:

I don't know if this is universal, but I don't get email notifications from Head-Fi. When someone posts to a thread I'm following, I get a notification at the top of my page. We don't have that option here, it's either email notifications or nothing. Some threads go hog wild and monopolize my inbox, which is annoying.

PS Audiophile Style is my favourite website for content.

On Head-Fi I turned on emails for when someone quotes, mentions, or PMs me there, as it's often a question. I also only have it notify me at the top of the web pages when it's one of those three things, plus likes. For threads I'm following, on both sites I just check the "subscribed threads" / "content I follow" lists, which for me allows better time management.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

All options that we currently have here as well. 

You our can get very granular in your notification settings here. 

https://audiophilestyle.com/notifications/options/

Thanks Chris, I updated my preferences.

I don't see mentioned anywhere that I don't like the style of the font. ;)

Kindly regard this as nit picking.

Best is to observe in the blue header (and not the header of this topic),

First off, it is quite "illegal" to have two words with too close similarity (on the font department). This is disconcerting

Then, while it looks like only the degree of tilt is slightly different, the fonts used in both are just different. This is mind boggling (painful).

Yes, I read about the hand-painting. OK. But the "style" seems not to be, while the "audiophile" is. Maybe this is only visible in the capital "A", but it does not matter really. It again disconcerts.

The P had again a different tilt degree than the remainder of the characters (observing the first word only). Both "i"'s relative to each other, same thing.

Because the "Style" is more tilted towards vertical (or maybe because it is more bolded (more thick) anyway, it receives an unwanted emphasis. It now reads as Audiophile Style.

Would it have tilted to the other direction (to the right), it would read as Aúdiophile Style. Emphasis is now on Audiophile and on "Au" within that (it is about this latter only). Notice that Audiophile Style (inherently, to me) reads as "not so stylish, not classy - Westside Story comes to mind.

-----

I realize that most will not be bothered by this, *if* it is seen at all (was, and even now when I point it out it could still be difficult to see). I am most certainly no stylist of any kind (Chris, no need to link to my forum again - haha) but I am massively bothered by such things (if I can't find the reason); If a license place is 0.5mm askew (that's mm, not inch) I will see it when driving behind a car. It bears no reason, and thus it is "wrong". Obviously this is the reason why in many States the license plate is allowed to be absent in the first place. MileHalf.png.508c916ec4dcdbb65037eac11d3ddbda.png

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

7 hours ago, mansr said:

Peter, you are the last person I'd take style advice from.

Good, because he is talking about form. The foundation of something greater in importance that eventually equates at a high level to style. B|

He called Chris out for making the first professional impression others gain as sloppy and inconsistent. He touched on how strict the rules governing design are. Finally he noted message, delivery, impact... everything is at odds and in direct contrast to setting off in the stated new direction with a refinement of purpose it should have portrayed. Specifically the one Peter stated, knives out street fighting hoodlums with an unusually high musical bent, was well considered to make his point explicitly.

I had stopped myself at an offhand comment on discombobulated appearances of a comfortable dressed down environment due to the overwhelming number of critiques already instigating further denigration of the commissioned work. With some regret I add to the confusion.  

5 minutes ago, rando said:

He called Chris out for making the first professional impression others gain as sloppy and inconsistent.

The first impression I get from anything Peter has designed is that of wanting to claw my eyes out and nuke it from orbit. Also the second impression.