IGNORED

Article: CA is now Audiophile Style!

Thanks for the kind words and honest feedback so far. This site wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for all of you. I value all opinions. You guys have forgotten more than I’ll ever know. 

Last time we had a major site change, as @Superdad mentioned, all hell broke loose. I prepared myself well in advance this time. I can’t please everyone all the time, but I promise to steer the ship in the right direction. 

I think 99.9999% of you will like the added content in addition to more digital articles. Most of us have audio systems that require speakers, cables, and amps and could use a different take on those products. Well, except for the cables. We don’t review cables.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Congratulations, Chris!  It's a pleasure to be on the site and also to see an entrepreneur succeed at something he loves.

But I don't believe you when you say digital will always be the focus.  The guy who wanted a TAS system 20 years ago, now wants to crush TAS (in very friendly and respectful way).  That's awesome.  But for Audio Style to have enough audiophile style to topple the old regime, it will need to pursue beautiful sound with every tool available.  

I look forward to cheering you on!

7 hours ago, left channel said:

I think of Beatles records. But maybe that's just me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Corps_v_Apple_Computer

Yep, and that’s why Apple Computer paid Apple Corps big bucks for the full rights to the name after a 20 year legal battle.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

By the way, did you guys see the Beaglebone single board computer embedded in the Boulder 1110 preamp Danny reviewed today?

Discussion of replacing it with one with more audiophile cred starting in 3...2...1...

Nice new look to the place, Chris. But still instantly familiar to long-term inhabitants.

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

8 minutes ago, wgscott said:

That one where Apple agreed never to sell music?

No, a later one where they bought the rights to the name for a reported $500 million, and gave the Beatles the rights to continue using it.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

@wgscott the better puerile response would be the cool Carl Sagan in sunglasses gif altered to read Dat AS.

Sincerely,

a younger person

The image this metamorphical change conjures for me is the dressed down 'style' prominently on display across the Midwest and at finer high end audio shows. So long as you think you're beautiful that's all that counts. :)

4 hours ago, wgscott said:

The true litmus test is whether you can read the world "style" without an almost uncontrollable, impish urge to insert some sort of "doggie" comment.  I have thus-far resisted the sirens of snark. But sometimes, it is almost like this stuff writes itself:

Yes it’s like then many people in the audio “business” started to get interested in headphones and started talking about Personal audio instead of just saying listen to headphones, thankfully the use of that is in decline. 

I can’t help it but what is audiophile style? Maybe it’s something like Gangnam style played thru a luxurious looking audiophile stereo 😃?

1 hour ago, rodrigaj said:

Email notifications are still coming with the CA Heading:

1529896021_ScreenShot2019-01-02at7_56_17AM.thumb.jpg.44b77dc6f4aec86ad9ada50b5bf0eb10.jpg

Yes, though they're from a different email address, so I had to put in a new mail sorting rule to keep AS mail coming to the CA folder of my Inbox.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.