IGNORED

Article: CA is now Audiophile Style!

2 hours ago, wgscott said:

Analogue ones with tubes are ok.

Punch card readers are ok because they are somewhat retro.

Hey I can do 13,000 strokes per hour on the keypunch.   Maybe more if I had a date coming up.  🤪

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Well, nah, I don't like the change. I used to belong to a online stereo group that was all about high end, from stereos to watches to cars, on and on. I got quite sick of the whole "style" thing, even though there was great input on music and gear by a few core folks. From a biz perspective, yes, good to move off of what at first seems a narrow "geek" perspective, but I hope you and others here stay true to the essentials, namely pushing the envelop and helping everyone find enjoyable listening at all levels of income and taste. Having said that, I recognize that going from a blog to a full business is tough, and I applaud what is happening. All the best to everyone! 

JJinPDX  

JJinPDX

Just now, JJinPDX said:

Well, nah, I don't like the change. I used to belong to a online stereo group that was all about high end, from stereos to watches to cars, on and on. I got quite sick of the whole "style" thing, even though there was great input on music and gear by a few core folks. From a biz perspective, yes, good to move off of what at first seems a narrow "geek" perspective, but I hope you and others here stay true to the essentials, namely pushing the envelop and helping everyone find enjoyable listening at all levels of income and taste. Having said that, I recognize that going from a blog to a full business is tough, and I applaud what is happening. All the best to everyone! 

JJinPDX  

Thanks for the feedback. Don't worry about us becoming more about style than substance. To us, style is all about the way in which we do things. For example, right now I'm researching small single board computers that support Windows so I can try some leading edge renderers. The only style about that is that it's the way an audiophile / music aficionado would do it :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I’m going to be blunt because I want to help you. “Audiophile Style” is not a creative name. It’s bland and generic. To be specific, in my case, I no longer feel a sense of excitement when I visit the site where I did previously. I don’t think anyone would be disappointed if you changed the name soon either back to Computer Audiophile or something better. I’m sure you can come up with something from the suggestions already made. 

Change is good.

Bad change is not good.

This is a bad change (in my opinion as an end consumer of your content).

40 minutes ago, rhmmmm said:

I’m going to be blunt because I want to help you. “Audiophile Style” is not a creative name. It’s bland and generic. To be specific, in my case, I no longer feel a sense of excitement when I visit the site where I did previously. I don’t think anyone would be disappointed if you changed the name soon either back to Computer Audiophile or something better. I’m sure you can come up with something from the suggestions already made. 

Change is good.

Bad change is not good.

This is a bad change (in my opinion as an end consumer of your content).

No worries about being blunt and honest. I respect you for that. 

I disagree 100% but that’s OK. 

P.S. Thanks for contributing to the site since 2010. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Interesting. There are countless links in countless audiophile forums that pointed to discussions and technical information on Computer Audiophile. These hyperlinks all over the Internet are now all broken and useless. These links from other sites brought you extra traffic and new subscribers.

A simple website name change did not require a complete change in the domain. Domain and URL hyperlinks are what computers use to communicate. People see only what is presented to them and won’t care about URL details. You could have changed content and presentation without changing URL naming and locations for all your content.

This aspect was very badly thought out.