IGNORED

Article: CA is now Audiophile Style!

7 hours ago, Superdad said:

Yeah, for Peter if it’s not yellow it’s not mellow...:P

🙂

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

10 hours ago, wgscott said:

You could have gone for Comic Sans

Oh yeah? Take this, you @$hole:

as_logo3.thumb.jpg.34d2e0e2f4eb74ab64c289d1b6539385.jpg

x-D

13 hours ago, rando said:

[...] I do hope you are enjoying the unsolicited "art" numerous users are displaying [...]

Umm... A word is missing in front of "users". It's quite obvious really, as the word is right in the avatar of one of the members of this forum x-D

17 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

I would not want to work for that shallow picky jerk anyway!

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

4 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

I prefer Substance over Style although, these days, that word can be miscontrued.

A quote's segment from the main article by the Computer Audiophile:

"The bottom line is that doing things in an audiophile style means doing them the best way possible. Audiophile style is a manner of doing things. 

style | stīl |
noun

1. a manner of doing something: different styles of management.
  • a way of painting, writing, composing, building, etc., characteristic of a particular period, place, person, or movement.

° a way of using language: he never wrote in a journalistic style | students should pay attention to style and idiom.

Sure the name has changed from Computer Audiophile to Audiophile Style, but things won't change much. We'll still bring you the best digital audio content available, and our core will always be digital. Digital is our foundation. It makes zero sense to stray from that foundation. It's the topic about which I'm most passionate. Fortunately, our new writers have additional passions and expertise. For example, Danny Kaey's review of the Boulder 1100 series amp and preamp was published simultaneously with this announcement, along side in-depth digital articles and even one from Josh reviewing the new Sennheiser closed back HD820 headphones. Expanded content won't equal less digital content. 

Think of Audiophile Style as giving you what Computer Audiophile always did and more. In addition to more written reviews, today we're launching our new video series called Audiophile 5. Audiophile 5 is a series about you, not us, where we cover products and topics that interest you. And, we do it all in 5 minutes. We hate long videos as much as the next guy because time is the most valuable thing have. We don't like to waste it hearing about what the presenter had for breakfast and what he and his significant other did last night. If you like that kind of stuff, fine. It just isn't us. We much prefer the slogan, all killer no filler."

4 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

I prefer Substance over Style although, these days, that word can be miscontrued.

7 minutes ago, Axial said:

A quote's segment from the main article by the Computer Audiophile:

"The bottom line is that doing things in an audiophile style means doing them the best way possible. Audiophile style is a manner of doing things. .........................................................

Not to the point.  I was reflecting on the use of the word "style" in a world in which it is abused and misused.  OTOH, it's only a name.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

29 minutes ago, Kal Rubinson said:

Not to the point.  I was reflecting on the use of the word "style" in a world in which it is abused and misused.  OTOH, it's only a name.

And to me "style" has substance. ...Enough of it to make a valid point. 

I have no objection of other's own interpretation of the word or if they prefer the word "computer" as having more substance or not over the word "style". 

To me the later has more freedom, a wider field, a deeper soundstage, ...that's all.

So, I like the new change for the better, just the replacement of one word by another.

It won't change the already established philosophy, only embellished graciously the website's name...with style. B|

3 minutes ago, BattleScarze said:

Can we change the style of these comments to appear first, instead of last...most people want to see the latest comments first...kinda like UHF Magazine where readers always went to the last past first. 

This can be done, but it's a wholesale change for everyone on all topics. I won't make the change unless I can figure a way to make it user selectable.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png