The Computer Audiophile

Article: CA is now Audiophile Style!

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @PeterSt - I actually love the fact that the logo isn’t a font that’s perfect. The imperfections are cool to me and give it a more human look and feel. 

I couldn't agree more. Handwritting fonts always look artificial to me.

32 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I look at it as a work of art with a human touch. There are no rules when creating art. If you're looking for a vector perfect font with ruler straight uniformity, you'll have to look elsewhere and deduce what you will from someone who selects such logo that conforms to your stated norms.

I like to be different. I like human imperfections. I love that someone created this for me with a paint brush. To me this adds character in a world of soulless perfection often found online.  

A-men.

Love it and well said!

I'm with Peter about finding the logo a touch unsettling - maybe it's just one or two who notice such things, but personally I would like something like the slightly altered, second version in this:

Logo.thumb.PNG.d8d3bb0d49f5d95d20051e663df38286.PNG

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I look at it as a work of art with a human touch. There are no rules when creating art. If you're looking for a vector perfect font with ruler straight uniformity, you'll have to look elsewhere and deduce what you will from someone who selects such logo that conforms to your stated norms.

Art?

I thought this was a commissioned and legally registered company logo. Something that placed ability to be digitally rendered within the constraints of a web environment as a primary concern.  A formal statement of what this business is and how others can expect it to conduct itself. 

My apologies to anyone else who felt appraisal of it in that vein was discomfiting.

24 minutes ago, rando said:

Art?

I thought this was a commissioned and legally registered company logo. Something that placed ability to be digitally rendered within the constraints of a web environment as a primary concern.  A formal statement of what this business is and how others can expect it to conduct itself. 

My apologies to anyone else who felt appraisal of it in that vein was discomfiting.

No discomfort here. Perhaps you like reading into things far more than the average guy?

where do you get this from - “formal statement of what this business is and how others can expect it to conduct itself”

Wow!

If you don’t believe a commissioned logo is a work of art, I can’t help you. 

@The Computer Audiophile Good to hear you are currently experiencing a period of great ease and security.  So much so the intrusion of outside perspective could wow you. I do hope you are enjoying the unsolicited "art" numerous users are displaying and wish you a good weekend. 

Everybody has a different perspective ... the current logo signals that "Style" is the most important thing about the site; which, next, just happens to be involved with "Audiophile" . To me, the latter is more significant, so the above is a way of changing the emphasis ...

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Y’all are reading waaaaaaaaay too much into the logo. You can believe what you want and think you know some suggested meaning behind the size or style of parts of it, but I’m here to tell you there isn’t anything that’s real about all that. 

Would a logo for the old guard magazines that uses uniformly sized letter mean they use a balanced approach to discussing audio? Hell know. It has nothing to do with anything. 

This is starting to sound like it could be a good* sequel to The Da Vinci Code hahahaha!  or perhaps that Nicholas Cage thing, National Treasure?  What clues lie hidden within the varying angles and curves of the lettering, and the minuscule sizing/width anomalies??  Whoever can figure it all out gets to be a new forum moderator**, perhaps!  :D

*Yes, I know Da Vinci Code is super-cheesy, that was part of my point haha! and the Cage movie is perhaps even more awful hahaha!

** Pure speculation on my part, as I don't have the authority to state this on Chris' behalf haha!

12 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Y’all are reading waaaaaaaaay too much into the logo. You can believe what you want and think you know some suggested meaning behind the size or style of parts of it, but I’m here to tell you there isn’t anything that’s real about all that.

Only problem, every time I see the heading the word "Style" hits me, first - if someone completely new to the site also has this reaction, it may throw their understanding of what the content is about ... just a thought ...

7 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Only problem, every time I see the heading the word "Style" hits me, first - if someone completely new to the site also has this reaction, it may throw their understanding of what the content is about ... just a thought ...

Oh, good, this shows that the forum's AI upgrade is working properly.  The AI has flagged your posts as being more "style" over audiophile substance, so it is subliminally emphasizing that for you when you look at the heading!  ;) 

:D

I know you're a good sport, so you won't take offense and ask for my comment to be moderated!

51 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

I must of 

rando grammar?