IGNORED

Article: CA is now Audiophile Style!

I used to frequent an irreverent post-audiophile board called Audio Annex. Their definition of audiophile style: bearded and overweight, wearing overalls and a food-stained sweatshirt.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC. 

6 hours ago, Jud said:

It was actually a practical note to anyone who (1) posts in or follows active threads and so gets a fair amount of email from here, (2) gets a lot of email in general, and (3) has set up sorting rules to help manage email, that the sorting rule for email from this forum might need to be tweaked if you don't want it all coming to your Inbox.

I love Head-fi's notification system.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

4 hours ago, Jud said:

I've posted on and received notifications from Head-Fi. For me this actually has less to do with how a particular forum' does notifications, and more to do with how one organizes a lot of email.

But I imagine Chris and others might be interested in knowing what you like about the way Head-Fi does it.

I don't know if this is universal, but I don't get email notifications from Head-Fi. When someone posts to a thread I'm following, I get a notification at the top of my page. We don't have that option here, it's either email notifications or nothing. Some threads go hog wild and monopolize my inbox, which is annoying.

PS Audiophile Style is my favourite website for content. If there's some way to get notifications that I'm not aware of, please let me know.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

All options that we currently have here as well. 

You our can get very granular in your notification settings here. 

https://audiophilestyle.com/notifications/options/

Thanks Chris, I updated my preferences.

17 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

I would not want to work for that shallow picky jerk anyway!