IGNORED

Article: KEF LS50 (David) Versus JBL 4722 Cinema (Goliath) Speaker Comparison with Binaural Recordings

Hello
Congratulations on your article!
I wish to acquire the JBL 4722, and would like to be able to hear them without the "Rythmik" sub. Did you make the sound recording?
In your photographs, I believe I recognize the 3739 boxes (intended for the 3722) because the speakers are very black. Can you confirm that these are the 4739 (original bass from the 4722)?

Please excuse my rough English, I am French :)

Hello
Congratulations on your article!
I wish to acquire the JBL 4722, and would like to be able to hear them without the "Rythmik" sub. Did you make the sound recording?
In your photographs, I believe I recognize the 3739 boxes (intended for the 3722) because the speakers are very black. Can you confirm that these are the 4739 (original bass from the 4722)?

Hello mitchco
- Yes, thank you, I know this documentation. And as you can see, the speaker membranes are lighter than yours. In addition, it seems to me that they are ribbed, not yours.

- Did you make a sound recording of the JBL without sub ?

Thanks for this feedback mitchco.
I think I'm going to buy them anyway ... (It is almost impossible to hear them in France). I will try to use them without sub, just with a small equalization at 30Hz if necessary.
I hope the boomers will be gray ... for a better wife acceptance factor (waf) this is not a joke !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @mitchco , thank you very much for your answer.
For the choice of my low frequency transducers, I hesitate between the JBL 4739 (equipping the 4722) and the 5739 (equipping the 5732) with its 2 x 2226H. I specify that I buy for the moment only the low section (on active filter (LPF = 200Hz) and amplifier), which I want to couple with my existing speakers (Eve Audio), and that the system will evolve gradually, but without sub-bass.
My listening room is 3.8x7.6x2.9m.
Have you ever heard the 5739 and would it be a good choice?

Thank you for your answer.
* Concerning the 4739, the JBL technical documentation says that they are equipped with 2 x 265H-2. This reference does exist (MMS = 103g, BL = 19.7). Perhaps there has been a change of reference because the 2020 commercial documentation says that they are indeed 2 x 2065H-2 ?
* As long as we are in the comparisons between identical dimension boxes (case 4509LF) what do you think of the M115-8A speakers that equip the 3722 and 3730 systems ?
Their membranes are light : only 53g vs 112g for 2265H and 98g for 2226H.
The 2265H and 2226H have an identical BL factor (19.5-19.2) on the other hand, that of the M115-8A is less good (13.9) ... but the numbers do not say everything !