IGNORED

Article: Audiophile 5: Aurender ACS10 in 5 Minutes

I enjoyed this also. A few questions if you have a chance:

1. How do you find the SQ of the Aurender setup versus Roon. 

2. I’m not sure I understand how the W20 works in the chain to the Rossini Player (i.e., why ACS10 to W20 to Rossini and not just use Ethernet from ACS10 to Rossini?) Wouldn’t that allow you to skip the W20 or do you prefer dual AES over Ethernet to the Rossini. 

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

Chris:

Her are a few questions I have in regards to the ACS10 (perhaps you can address them in your upcoming review, or answer here)? 

1. How does it sound / work as an actual player / streamer instead of using as a backend to another Aurender (in addition to its Server and Ripper functionality)? 

2. Can the internal HDD’s be replaced / upgraded by the end user? (or by an authorized dealer if not by user)? 

3. If you already have a NAS being used as a backup for all your music with a RAID, does it make sense to not configure the ACS10 in RAID and take advantage of double the internal space ? 

4. If you currently own an Aurender, can you initially connect it to the ASC10 to perform a “copy” function to transfer all your music into the ASC10 as a starting point? 

Thanks in advance!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris - Simply simple - Huh? 5mins of pure condensed WhatUNeed2Know about the item under review. A non-audiophile user can gauge whether it is what he needs for his system. The Audiophile will know what he has to research (or dig under the rock) to find out more.

Great Effort. Pure Genius in its simplicity