IGNORED

Article: Boulder 1100 Series Preamplifier and Power Amplifier Review

40 minutes ago, Lobbster said:

Basically unobtainium for me, but enjoyed the read. Good to see the designers are willing to push outside the box with the new AC connector & interesting choice of I/O switch. Makes it appear they're open to new ways of doing things - even if it's routine components.

Agreed! I have to say, after spending some time with the Boulder team at their factory they are building stuff for the future and the next generation of audiophiles... very much a forward thinking company and this current generation of products really rocks! The factory is unbelievable!

On 1/1/2019 at 1:58 PM, Lobbster said:

Good to see the designers are willing to push outside the box with the new AC connector & interesting choice of I/O switch. Makes it appear they're open to new ways of doing things - even if it's routine components.

Boulder actually started using the 32 Amp AC connector in 1997 with the introduction of the 2000 series.

32A-Power-Connector-Explanation.pdf

• 10 months later...

My local dealer just became a Boulder Audio Dealer.  I expressed curiosity having read the review above, so my dealer offered to let me demo the Boulder 1110 pre-amp and Boulder 1160 Amp in my music system.  I only recently acquired my McIntosh C1100/MC611 combo, so I told myself this was purely for intellectual curiosity.  Wrong!  2 songs in, I was mesmerized. My music went from excellent to amazing!  Even the dealer's installation team could feel the change.  They were standing behind me equally awestruck.  Rather than waiting for the end of my demo period.  I turned to my dealer and asked what can you give me in trade for my McIntosh gear?  He ran some numbers and checked with Boulder and discovered a set of 1110/1160's were almost finished with assembly and had just become available.  I got a very good trade in and didn't lose too much.  In 2 weeks, Christmas will come early and I have my Boulders in the rack.  :)