IGNORED

Article: Roon Vs. JRiver | Clash of the Titans

For my work laptop, I use JRMC, cause I'm too stingy to buy another Roon license. Tried to stream mp3 across the net with JRMC, works fine, but bandwidth in remote sites of our country severely restricts the quality. For mobile use, Onkyo Player works in cars and on planes where internet access can be problematic or non existent.

For home Roon is used and my wife didn't need any hints on playing music on her iPhone, she's quite at home with the intuitive style, the hard part is what to choose 😊 With JRMC it wasn't that great, far too much info and thousands of places to look, no go Joe. My main gripe is with the abrasive management attitude and the lack of a proper remote control app. JRMC bought out Jremote from the developer then neglected its upkeep, which was probably what JRMC wanted to achieve all along and annoy customers. Metadata with Roon behaves itself 98% of the time, whereas with JRMC, there's often the need to fiddle, especially for multi disc sets and Various Artists tags which JRMC labels as Multiple Artists (when it likes). Rather than adjust its database, JRMC alters the metadata in the the file which I thought programmed not to do so, but backup software detects the changes.

Reliance on the uPnP/DLNA hit and miss protocol that JRMC adopts is a problem, RAAT is above that drama, just works out of the box. In summary the 'in use' features of Roon, such as networkable end points and the music management win it for me.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA