IGNORED

Audiolinux Server configurations, Software, Hardware, and Listening Impressions

lmitche

The new kernel is really a step forward In SQ. My PJYH SqueezeLite endpoint have never sounded that good. 

I added the asound.conf and set Realtime Priority = standard and isolated CPU cores to half and Extreme boot.

I agreed that the sound is more relaxed and also I hear more body to instruments.

Thanks

Theese NUC’s looks interestting

https://wccftech.com/intel-ghost-canyon-frost-canyon-nucs-9th-gen-core-i9-8-cores/

Hi Piero,

Thanks for all the AL updates 😀

Great work. My Al system sound so nice.

What happens to isolated CPU cores to Audio if

You have 4 cores running with turbo off at base frequency and isolated CPU cores set at half.

Then you set performance and turbo on.

Do you now only have 2 CPU cores at higher speeds?

Thanks Monge

• 4 weeks later...
15//05/2019 Menu 118: 1) Default  boot mode will disable Hyper-Threading 2) New option "SET CPU C-states" in expert menu. The script will set CPU sleep states with a systemd service instead of kernel line option. This is an alternative method to the option "SET boot to Extreme, Extreme2 or Standard" in configuration menu which eventually allows to set different sleep states for isolated cores. This way you can set to Extreme only selected cores and leave the other in standard mode.
This method will disable the other one.
09/05/2019 In Menu 117, as suggested by... Linus Torvalds, the extreme2 option will disable Hyper-Threading
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...