IGNORED

Audiolinux Server configurations, Software, Hardware, and Listening Impressions

lmitche

3 hours ago, hifi25nl said:

With NUMA disabled CUDA acceleration in HQPlayer will not work. You can install the one with NUMA enabled downloading the files from https://www.audio-linux.com/ftp/packages/kernel/last/linux-rt-bfq-numa/ Contact support if you have some doubt.

Will networkaudio be affected (not working) running as HQPlayer NAA with NUMA disabled?  I assume this only make HQPlayer not working but not affect networkaudio.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, JohanJ said:

Hi Piero,

from the update menu I updated the audiolinux menu, the kernel and all other packages.

Updating the audiolinux menu says I am allready up to date. After reboot the menu still shows version 118...

Anything  wrong?

Not Piero...have you try root and see if updated menu (119) is there?  But if you have ramroot enabled while doing the manu update, make sure to save it and then reboot.

10 minutes ago, hifi25nl said:

New menu 123 with:

1) Option 2 "ENABLE/DISABLE Hyper-Threading" in Expert menu

Note: If you enable Hyper-Threading the option  exclusive CPU cores for audio and SET CPU C-states will not work correctly

2) Improved status in main and status menu

3) Completely rewritten option  21 "SET CPU governor to max, performance or custom (turbo on/off)"

Now you can select intel_psate or acpi as scaling governor. AMD Ryzen users should use acpi

Possible options:

0 "Change scaling driver to acpi or intel pstate"
     1 "PERFORMANCE Turbo on"
     2 "PERFORMANCE Turbo off"
     3 "CUSTOM FREQUENCY"

You should reboot to make the changes fully effective.

Thank you for another updated menu, just updated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 minute ago, bodiebill said:

Thanks, I tried that and it still says 'Audiolinux main menu - version 206' on top.

Should I download the latest image? That takes about two hours, hence my question.

That is strange.  When I did the menu update, after the update, a new screen says the menu is now version 207 except the top still says version 206 until I exit out of the main menu and then back in, then it says version 207.

Using the latest download won't help in this matter, as I did that last night, it still have the version 206, and you will need to have do the update to get the version 207.

4 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

4 INSTALL/UPDATE menu

6 Update audiolinux menu

enter password

Result: 'Audiolinux menu is now version 206'

The strange thing is that this happens whatever password I try (audiolinux, audiolinux0 or the password given to me by Piero in an email).

Maybe Piero can help out?

This is exactly how I updated mine from either 2.0 or 2.1, except the result show 'Audiolinux menu is now version 207'.

I only use the password provided by Piero.

34 minutes ago, sig8 said:

Is there any way to download a fresh image which has 2.1, and menu 207, or we have to go the update route. It is easier to just have an image which is up-to-date.

This is not yet available.  Version 2.1 has menu 206, but it should take less than 1 minute to have it updated to 207 following the steps below:

From main menu:

• Select 4 INSTALL/UPDATE menu

Once in "INSTALL/UPDATE" menu

• Select 6 Update audiolinux menu

A new screen will prompt you to enter password for menu update

• Enter password sent from Audiolinux email

A new screen will show "Audiolinux menu is now version 207"

Exit menu by selecting "Cancel"

Re-enter menu by enter "menu"

The new menu should say 207

10 minutes ago, sig8 said:

Thank you. And that will make it work with 4gb in RAM mode? I think that is the whole purpose of this exercise.

Update to menu 207 is the first step.  After that, pending what application(s) you want to install will determine the final memory requirement.  In my case, I am using NAA only, and total memory required was trimmed down from ~4.8GB to ~3.3GB.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If by assigning static IP address not fixing the issue, check the MAC address on both devices to see if both are having the same address.  You might need to change the device name on one of them to something else like Audiolinux 2, assign static address to server, but leave DHCP with endpoint.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ray-dude said:

I'm looking for the hqplayer readme file on my Audio Linux box and not finding anything in /usr/share/hqplayer/readme.txt

Does anyone know where audiolinuz expands this in the distro?  All the config files are where one would expect them to be, but I'm not finding the readme for some reason

Thanks!

Try /usr/share/doc/hqplayerd

image.png.3441c952cda2ef70fbeac3870576fb97.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/27/2021 at 1:43 PM, hifi25nl said:

Just re-tested here the new 4.21.0 package (see previous post)

No problem to access all tabs, streaming from Qobuz working, all fine.

I would test first hqplayer alone. I suggest to stop all audio applications and start only hqplayer.

When Hqplayer is well configured and working, you can start roonserver.

Hi Piero,

Is HQPe 4.21.1 available for download?

Thank you

• 6 months later...
8 minutes ago, jkelly said:

I have been using Euphony for the last year and decided to update my audio-linux license and downloaded the latest mini 310 version. Installed on NUC i7 running Roon/Tidal w/Holo Spring. Didn't add HQPlayer in yet. First reaction is the background is quieter, some edge is gone and the soundstage is wide.  I'm pretty happy!

That is good to hear!  Did you do any customization to the configuration?

4 minutes ago, jkelly said:

Not yet - just running out of the box, with Roon server installed. Running off a 32 gb stick. Euphony was running off a HD so that may be a reason for the edge. I am forcing myself to just enjoy the music and not tweak, but the force is strong! :-)

That sounds even better.  Have you tried RAM Root yet?  I used RAM Root and it does help to improve the SQ.