IGNORED

Audiolinux Server configurations, Software, Hardware, and Listening Impressions

lmitche

I am pretty impressed with the Intel supplied AC adapter (LITEON 19VDC 3.42A p/n PA-1650-90) smps for the NUC7i7DNHE1 in the setup below. The music is lively, lots of 'color' yet no fatigue, and the music/background contrast is great! I guess it has effective EMI filtering!

NUC7i7 2019-1.jpg

2 hours ago, lmitche said:

Its true, lots of the NUC sq is delivered with the stock smps. However an lps1.2 or sr4 takes things to a new level.

I am expecting an SR7DR 9/19V this summer..If it does arrive I'll post impressions!

PS - I believe I do have an SQ preference (more palpable, air etc) with the LITEON above to the one I received with the Pentium NUC7PJYH1 which is an APD (Asian Power Devices Inc.) p/n DA65C19, and has the same 19VDC 3.42A output spec, when powering the NUC7i7 (though only briefly tested)

• 1 year later...

@Bricki If memory serves me right, I preferred the TP-link UE300 for 'smoothness' to the older USB 2 adapters from Apple & Anker. On my boards I find that for the same type of USB port, I prefer the one physically farther away from the RJ45 port even when the LAN controller is disabled in BIOS.

I do not have a USB PCIe card at the moment (my last one died) so I have not tested the direct lines to the CPU on this new board I am trying out (Gigabyte Aorus Master)

ATB

b.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
7 hours ago, dctom said:

Anyone using Jriver MC with Audiolinux OS. I have for some years now alongside HQP, streaming via MC and using HQP for locally stored music. A couple of months ago MC would no longer connect to the internet get a message on the streaming screen, web engine not working - any ideas.

image.thumb.jpeg.82b0c2577d93ee3be1802ecea75f085d.jpeg

I have the same issue. Does your browser (Firefox?) connect? Mine (Chrome) just flashes on and off the screen. AL seems to configure the network okay but something is gone wrong! I usually play local files, and only use the network for updates.