IGNORED

Audiolinux Server configurations, Software, Hardware, and Listening Impressions

lmitche

I have been using my desktop (4790k/1080Ti) as a server and want to switch to the NUC i7DNKE with AL.

I would like to run Roon server and HQPlayer Embedded.  

What can I expect with DSD upsampling - can I still achieve 512k?

Qobuz - HQPlayer(d) 5 - M1 Mini - RPI 5 8gb - Nuc i7 - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac - SRC-DX - Chord Mojo2 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - B&W 602 S2 - Apple Music Spatial 7.1.4

• 9 months later...

Looking for a little help.  I am trying to get 2.0 running.  I have a two NUC system - one with Roon and HQPlayer Embedded and the other running NAA..  The previous version (1.x) worked fine.

I downloaded the newest files, updated menu, updated all software.

All connections are running. I see the both audio services running on the "master" NUC.

After about a minute they both disappear from the Show audio services menu.

Blank menu no text on it.

And of course, the Roon control application blanks out.

I hope this is something simple - any ideas?

TY!

Jeff

Qobuz - HQPlayer(d) 5 - M1 Mini - RPI 5 8gb - Nuc i7 - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac - SRC-DX - Chord Mojo2 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - B&W 602 S2 - Apple Music Spatial 7.1.4

The only one that is questionable is:

NAME   FSTYPE LABEL      UUID                                 MOUNTPOINT                         │  
                                  │ FSSIZE FSAVAIL                                                                                   │  
                                  │ sda                                                                                              │  
                                  │ ├─sda1 vfat              73D0-F3F1                                                               │  
                                  │ └─sda2 ext4   audiolinux 76770e44-3602-4a3b-9b7c-485109c5ac7a /run/media/audiolinux/audiolinux   │  
                                  │ 27.6G   20.9G                                                                                    │  
                                  │ zram0                                                         /                                  │  
                                  │ 6.7G       0   

I have another linux box that I run gparted on and extend ext4. 

OK good - so I have to get the roon database over to ext4, I assume.

I see your instructions on your website.

Is there an option to do this in the roon installer?

Funny, I put the one version back stick back in and booted and I don't get the disk full problems:

NAME   FSTYPE LABEL UUID                                 MOUNTPOINT FSSIZE FSAVAIL               │  
                                  │ sda                                                                                              │  
                                  │ ├─sda1 vfat         09EC-B22A                            /boot        487M    439M               │  
                                  │ └─sda2 ext4         02794dbc-93da-4c23-a03a-315c051dedbd                                         │  
                                  │ zram0                                                    /           11.6G    3.6G  

All good.

I rebuilt the stick and did everything with ramroot off and all seems to be work now.

I'll try the ramroot after I back up this stick.

Whenever I switch to ramroot, I get the same problem, but this doesn't happen with the previous version.

I know I have to move the database to ext4, but don't understand why I have to with the new version.

For now I will keep the non-ramroot running.

15 hours ago, hifi25nl said:

You could try to change configuration in /etc/ramroot.conf

Running 2.0 - RAMROOT OFF - this is my ramroot.conf.  Does this look ok?

GNU nano 4.5                                                                   ramroot.conf                                                                             
#!usr/bin/ash

# mounts loaded to zram:
mounts_zram='UUID=9913-922E:/boot'

# mounts ignored:
mounts_null=''

# prompt default:
ps_default=yes

# prompt timout:
ps_timeout=8

# minimum MiB free ram:
ram_min=750

# minimum MiB free zram:
zram_min=250

# preferred MiB free ram:
ram_pref=4000

# maximum MiB free ram:
zram_max=1000

Yes I am downloading.

• 2 months later...

I have the strangest problem with my two NUC audiolinux 2 system. (Latest version).

The two NUCS seem to fight over the same IP address - and my FIOS router won't provide

individual IP's for each NUC.  If the "master" is only powered up it ill get the IP and if the NAA

NUC is only powered up it will get the same IP - but if both are powered up the 'master" seems to

grab the IP - and I can't get an IP for the NAA NUC.

I must be doing something wrong.  Is must be a way to have them co-exist?

Jeff

Thank you all for the suggestions.  I have tried all your suggestions and still can't get both on the network at the same time.

(Except - Select static IP addresses outside of the DHCP range) 

I'll keep at it!

Jeff

• 1 month later...

I am getting data noise coming thru my system.  Using a NUC - Holo Spring - Crack.

Any ideas how it comes in and how to eliminate?

• 1 year later...

I have been using Euphony for the last year and decided to update my audio-linux license and downloaded the latest mini 310 version. Installed on NUC i7 running Roon/Tidal w/Holo Spring. Didn't add HQPlayer in yet. First reaction is the background is quieter, some edge is gone and the soundstage is wide.  I'm pretty happy!

Not yet - just running out of the box, with Roon server installed. Running off a 32 gb stick. Euphony was running off a HD so that may be a reason for the edge. I am forcing myself to just enjoy the music and not tweak, but the force is strong! :-)