IGNORED

Audiolinux Server configurations, Software, Hardware, and Listening Impressions

lmitche

13 hours ago, lpost said:

Anyone else running the NUMA-off kernel notice sluggish response via SSH?

I don't really mind as it sounds great just curious as I've not seen it mentioned.

I didn't notice any differences in behaviour of SSH response. All working fine after the kernel update.

I ask Piero so much and he always is so quick and patient in his answers, so a big compliment.

But now I have a question I really don't dare ask him.

When you open a menu item , at the right underside of the screen appears a percentage, like 28% or likewise.

I can't figure out what it possibly mean... anyone?

2 hours ago, ronfint said:

I think that in case you have not displayed the whole menu on your screen, it is telling you how far down you have scrolled.

Good to know I am not alone in this.... I have the same experience, thinking it was a sort of progress indication. Thanks for the explanation.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, hifi25nl said:

Now the system is compatible with both kernels RT 5.x and RT-BFQ 4.19.x and you can switch easily from one to the other with the new kernel update script

For kernel RT 5.x you should make a full system update before installing it 

Did I miss RT 5.x? I thought RT-BFQ 4.19.x is the latest version of 12/04/2019 .The one without NUMA. Did I miss a kernel or is this RT5 a special version?

• 1 month later...

Hi Piero,

from the update menu I updated the audiolinux menu, the kernel and all other packages.

Updating the audiolinux menu says I am allready up to date. After reboot the menu still shows version 118...

Anything  wrong?

Thanks elan,

I disabled and removed ramroot before I started updating.

Now I logged in as root and the menu is still showing 118. I did another menu update, but it keeps telling me that I am up to date.

Reboot still shows 119.

So no luck.... for now

• 3 months later...

Dear Piero,

Is version 2.0 a complete fresh install, or could my machine  be updated from within my existing audiolinux installation?

My computer has a second partition which contains my Roon database. Would that by swiped when I install version 2 ?

thanks

Johan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...