IGNORED

Audiolinux Server configurations, Software, Hardware, and Listening Impressions

lmitche

Hi all,

I'm looking at how to change the period_count and buffer_size parameters in alsa for use with mpd and upmpdcli. I tried to add the parameters in .mpdconf but this does not work.

My .mpdconf :

audio_output {                                                                                                                              
        type            "alsa"                                                                                                              
        name            "PCM"                                                                                                               
        device          "hw:1,0"                                                                                                            
        auto_resample   "no"                                                                                                                
        auto_format     "no"                                                                                                                
        mixer_type      "disabled"                                                                                                          
        buffer_size     "100"                                                                                                               
        period_count    "3"                                                                                                                 
}    

What plays :

[audiolinux@audiolinux ~]$ more /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params                                                                     
access: RW_INTERLEAVED                                                                                                                      
format: S24_3LE                                                                                                                             
subformat: STD                                                                                                                              
channels: 2                                                                                                                                 
rate: 44100 (44100/1)                                                                                                                       
period_size: 5513                                                                                                                           
buffer_size: 22050  

Any idea on what is needed to change those settings. I used to play a lot with those in Daphile and would like to try them on this config.

Thanks

David

I have not succedded in installing hqplayer-embedded.

The yay -Sy hqplayer-embedded command shows errors :

error: failed retrieving file 'polkit-0.116-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.evowise.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'polkit-0.116-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.rackspace.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'polkit-0.116-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.rackspace.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files

and it ends with :
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
Error installing repo packages

Is there an issue with the package ?