IGNORED

Audiolinux Server configurations, Software, Hardware, and Listening Impressions

lmitche

On 8/13/2019 at 5:47 PM, hifi25nl said:

Menu update 124 with new options in expert menu:

9 "ENABLE/DISABLE realtime manual assignment"

(this will disable manual priority assignment standard or extreme but not general priority as managed by realtime kernel)

10 "Change ucode to AMD/Intel" --> Ryzen users should activate AMD option!

WiFi script hotfix now will remove previous attempts configuration (wpa_supplicant).

Roon database transfer script will move the full directory /var/roon not only the database (otherwise in ram mode you should save playlists each time etc.)

Hello, by default « ucode » is associated to intel ?

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, hifi25nl said:

That there is now a password when you select menu update in Update menu.

Note that Audiolinux 2.0 needs  a fresh install.
Upgrade from version 1.5.0 would be very difficult: too many changes in the underlying arch base.

thanks, I will do a fresh install. What is the purpose of this password when updating menu ?

3 hours ago, Bricki said:

I have got audiolinux 2.0 up and running on my endpoint NUC and so far I'm liking the sound quality change very much.... It seems to be smoother, less forced with more ease and a cleaner sound....and I don't even have ramroot working yet.

All I need running on this NUC is roonbridge so I'm going to have to remove all unused applications to try and get ramroot working on my 4gb RAM.

Last time I used yaourt to remove roon server and hqplayer.... what can I use with audiolinux 2.0? What commands and syntax do I need to get right to remove all applications except for roon bridge?

Hi Bricki, which profile do you use ?

BR

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Piero,

i have a friend who changed the pi3 of the metrum ambre for the pi4. I bringed my ambre with my pi3 and we used the same OS (sorry gentooplayer as it was available for both pi3 and pi4). The result was really great with the pi4 versus the pi3 on the system of the friend : more details, more fluidity and more weight. I need now to convert my ambre with the pi4.

I also have the 4go version so would be happy to test the ram root 🙂

im ready for testing if needed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...