IGNORED

Audiolinux Server configurations, Software, Hardware, and Listening Impressions

lmitche

• 4 weeks later...

I have a problem, pülease help me to solve it.

I run Audiolinux LQXT 4.00 with menu 204 on my ControlPC. I set up everything, works fine. As the last step I put my system to RAM.

90761635_Ramrootproblem4.thumb.jpg.a45b8e2bd480b87a7e69b22219e0ca9e.jpg

It takes ca. 5 mintues, after the system works fine.

1888493711_Ramrootproblem1_cr.thumb.jpg.0bd74dce04182674b0519ddde9b62a5f.jpg

But when I check the ramroot status or I want the save the system I have error messages.

I rebooted the check it and my Roon database in not up to date, so it was in RAM.

440736619_Ramrootproblem2_cr.thumb.jpg.fcfd5b8dbe901be618ccc108db510ae2.jpg

1847072092_Ramrootproblem3_cr.thumb.jpg.dd26bcbd338a8981b9a70d716dd3d1c8.jpg

What can be the solution?

4 minutes ago, hifi25nl said:

The problem is that you have auto-mount enabled in lxqt. Because of this audiolinux partition is mounted in /run/media/audiolinux/audiolinux and the script ramsave think that you are not in ram mode.

Go to PCManFM-Qt  (the file explorer) preferences and uncheck  all the mount options.

This way ramsave should work.

Thank for the quick answer. 

Is this affects my SSD mounting options? I have an 4TB SSD with my music in this PC.

2 minutes ago, hifi25nl said:

Yes, but in your final configuration, you should not use auto-mount for your your music drive, but mount it with the option "MOUNT local drive" in system menu. This will avoid also possible permission problems since the Audiolinux script will mount the drive with the right parameters.

After you should update your audio application settings with the new mount location that will be a sub-folder of /media

This is interesting becouse I haven't known that there's another option to mount/automount other than in the system menu. I always use that one and until now I haven't used the LQXT File Explorer.

915866032_ramrootproblem4.thumb.jpg.32c05c9513649fc94ab784ef1ae7e578.jpg

I set up everything (incl. the ramroot.conf) I booted again in RAM and nothing changed, I can't save system.

11 minutes ago, hifi25nl said:

For Jriver in LXQt you can install it on a terminal with 

pamac build jriver-media-center25

For headless ramroot with 4GB RAM, is not recommended and in most of cases impossible.  I have made a reduced size test image with only roonbridge installed that should work. 

Ramroot configuration at /etc/ramroot.conf should be changed from default values.

Note: in last menu update you can set the value of RAM and "virtual hard disk size" ZRAM

I have no luck... :(

2875656_jriverinstallerror.thumb.jpg.08353a115fa80481a428568a93291ecc.jpg

This is my ControlPC with 32GB RAM und 1240L Xeon CPU.

1 hour ago, hifi25nl said:

With file editor ROOT in Audiolinux menu go to /etc/pamac.conf

Edit the line

BuildDirectory = /

to

BuildDirectory = /tmp

Save with F2, exit with F10

Excellent support as always!!!

Many thanks.

I'm making a comparsion:

- Catalog programs: Roon, Jriver

- Player: Roon/Roonbridge, Roon/HPQE, JRiver/HQPE

Now I have the chance to choose what is best for me. I come from Windows (JRiver /Jplay).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 5:31 PM, hifi25nl said:

Menu 212 with the new option REALTIME clock in EXPERT menu!

"This will set the Real Time Clock Frequency. Default in linux systems is 64.
In audiolinux is usually set to 3072. Suggested values are 1024, 2048. 3072 with a maximum of 8192.

If this is the first time you are using it, please select option 0) Update configuration. This option will reset custom and auto profiles and will add the new variable RTCLOCK"

Working on a new web control interface with touch screen compatibility and search function.

It should be available at the end of January

Can you exaplain for not experts what is the meaning of this?

• 1 month later...

I have a problem.

My ControlPC has a 4TB SSD with NTFS partition with music. I would like to add another 2TB SSD with the same parameters.

I installed the new SSD I could mount it and  I strated the import the music into the Roon server.

After a couple of minutes the system lost the new SSD, after a reboot both of them.

I took out the new one and everything works. What can be the problem?

4 hours ago, hifi25nl said:

Please check the content of /etc/fstab

I have discovered a problem in UUID assignment, so the mount script will not work correctly. The reason is that a command with last updated version of util-linux is giving a different output.
I will fix it in the next Audiolinux menu release.

If you want to fix it now you can change manually the line in /opt/scripts/local_mount.sh (as root) from
UUID="$(lsblk -f | grep "$drive" | awk '{ print $4 }')"
to
UUID="$(lsblk -f | grep "$drive" | awk '{ print $5 }')"

-> I have been working a lot on the new web interface, now  beta version is almost ready! Now easy to use with touch screen and with search function!

image.thumb.png.8070da127b05c0202434bbc7ce17d6a3.png

Pierro, thanks for the quick and accurate help, it seems now everything works as it should be!

The new interface looks cool... :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 9:57 AM, hifi25nl said:

Please check the content of /etc/fstab

I have discovered a problem in UUID assignment, so the mount script will not work correctly. The reason is that a command with last updated version of util-linux is giving a different output.
I will fix it in the next Audiolinux menu release.

If you want to fix it now you can change manually the line in /opt/scripts/local_mount.sh (as root) from
UUID="$(lsblk -f | grep "$drive" | awk '{ print $4 }')"
to
UUID="$(lsblk -f | grep "$drive" | awk '{ print $5 }')"

-> I have been working a lot on the new web interface, now  beta version is almost ready! Now easy to use with touch screen and with search function!

I have the same problem.

I downloaded the new 4.3 image. I mount a drive I can see the contain but after a rebbot everything disappears and the script has the modification ($5).

21 hours ago, hifi25nl said:

The only way to see what's happening is to send me the content of the file /etc/fstab.

If you want to fix it yourself take a look here:

https://www.audio-linux.com/html/mount.html

I' very angry. I spent min. 8 hours to find out what is it.

I'm not 100% percent sure but quite I am.

I bought 2 pieces from this: https://www.amazon.com/Patriot-128GB-Supersonic-Transfer-Speeds/dp/B07NLNJB9C

Patriot 128GB Supersonic Rage Elite USB 3.1 Type A, USB 3.0 Flash Drive with Transfer Speeds of Up to 400MB/sec

These are high quality, extreme fast drives with good reputation.

But.

Both are useless to use with AL. I can write the image with Rufus on the drives but it works so slowly and with full of animalities, for example this mounting problems and many others. I took may 16GB Sandisk drive and I could without any problem install to it and I can use it. This is stabil and fast now, works as it should be.

5 hours ago, hifi25nl said:

i guess you are using lxqt version. Go to file explorer (pcmanfm) and in preferences disable automount

Yes, this is the lqxt version and we've been one through this with the 3.X version, this was the first thing I checked and the automountig isn't checked.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have some issues with the Nomachine server on version 4.4 LQXT. It dropped up an update notification and I did it ca. a week ago. I can't use it since. I can't see the NM red icon on the bottom right corner.

I can see from a NoMachine client but the server doesn't accept any passwords.

Please help to fix it.