IGNORED

Audiolinux Server configurations, Software, Hardware, and Listening Impressions

lmitche

I am running AL with HQPe and Roon. I have a single PC system. 

I am wondering if or how to disable the ALSA Mixer or ALSA??

Piero says that HQPe already connects to ALSA with the best configuration. 

Is there something to modify in Roon or in AL only?

Is there any type of conflict that the code referencing default {type plug slave.pcm hw} and Roon calls “default” hw:X??

I am not using RAAT. 

If I go into the expert menu, choose 4, systemwide configuration menu, and choose yes,  if the default is the “code” we want to put in,  what is there to change? 

I am trying to edit the HQplayerd.xml file  because the driver is not showing  available in the remote interface. Puro suggested I look at the XML file so I went into menu number seven file editor and chose that.XML file and I am stuck in it I do not know how to get out.  All there are symbols down the left-hand side of the screen.  I would reach out to Piero but it is late in Rome.  He has been very helpful but he’s telling me to find this file and edit it and I don’t have a clue

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the quick response I will try it.   I will try rebooting and reloading first. 

But, if it does not work I do not know how to find directories to find the .config file in Linux. 

Will you please look at my other screenshots to see if my settings look OK. 

What is one time network time service? 

What is one time I RQ thread? 

I have never seen these two lines before, are they new? 

The first screen shows my CPU speed has 3.9 GHz max.   Recommended 3.5 GHz max.  Is that what CPU speed 3500.009 is?

Is that correct for boot mode standard? 

I loaded the new kernel and the ACPI driver. 

At first I thought it was going to take me a minute to learn how to hear this new sound.   There’s more energy to it, like pushing out a strong breath.

I’m not playing the music that impresses me technically, I’m playing my old favorites to see if they give me the emotional response like they used to when I first heard them  on a record.

• 5 months later...

Hello Friends,

I am trying to understand the profiles menu and whether I should use the orange (default) or auto.

The AL webpage says to go to the release notes for more information, but I do not understand the “examples” there and how they correspond to the different choices.

I am using a CAPS Pipeline computer without a NUC or NAA. I am only running HQPlayer embedded on this computer. (I am not converting PCM to DSD, so the CPU is running comfortably). (because of this I did not think it is necessary to isolate cores). I have Roon installed on my NAS. 

I use RAMroot, of course. The only setting I do is to enable ACPI scaling.
I have enabled turbo boost, but I believe this only allows HQPE to do it’s thing when it needs the extra power?

Because of the above I have enabled the “auto” profile.  My assumption is that this will allow AL to optimize my settings. Is this correct?

Will people please report their adventures with these profiles?

also will you please make recommendations for further optimizations I can enable?

Thank you 

Bill