IGNORED

GentooPlayer

Could I get some more instructions for how to copy the roon db from the usb disk to internal drive please? 

the reason I am, is I keep getting roon service stopping and when I check the logs it talks about disk space but there’s 15gb ram free, and my library should be very small anyway ...

I tried to use the web page to move the roon db, but I’m not sure what Input it wants ..

hello folks,

I am having an issue with roon server in gentooplayer. Currently i boot gentoplayer from usb stick and its loaded in RAM drive. My music files are in  external hard drive.   Whenever i reboot the OS i have to reconfigure the roon server again, (credentials and folder path). And also the library indexing stops at 32 tracks and its not indexing every file, i have around 6000 music tracks. What could be wrong here? My system is intel i7 nuc with 16gb of ram.

@Aberrant-Decoder the webinterface function does not move the database to another disk, but automatically moves it to a folder that is not mounted in ram.
If you want instructions on how to move it to another disk, I'll give you instructions for the commands you have to give from the shell.

@rockymystic first do all the configurations, do a ramsystem reset and then enable the ramsystem. If you do the configurations in ram and don't do a ramsave on reboot you lose the configurations.
If you exit the ramsystem, does it still detect 32 tracks? Doesn't it continue indexing?

Just now, rockymystic said:

Everything works fine now, Will new files be automatically indexed in RAM mode?

Thanks for your help. 

Sure. But you'll have to do a ramsave after indexing, otherwise it will repeat the operation on reboot.

You have to consider that everything that happens when the system is in ram is volatile, if you don't do a ramsave on reboot you lose it.
I don't know if this is clear.

3 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

@Aberrant-Decoder the webinterface function does not move the database to another disk, but automatically moves it to a folder that is not mounted in ram.
If you want instructions on how to move it to another disk, I'll give you instructions for the commands you have to give from the shell.

@rockymystic first do all the configurations, do a ramsystem reset and then enable the ramsystem. If you do the configurations in ram and don't do a ramsave on reboot you lose the configurations.
If you exit the ramsystem, does it still detect 32 tracks? Doesn't it continue indexing?

Yes plz 

26 minutes ago, shang_2000 said:

I have set the shared folder /media/Music1, Setting share samba, but I can’t find this shared folder in win10. How should I set it? I want to read and write to this folder in win10

1) In gentooplayer you must type this command:
smbpasswd -a root

set pw ex. gentooplayer

/etc/init.d/samba restart

2) what name did you give to the share samba?
ex. mymusic

in windows

\\ip-gentooplayer\mymusic