IGNORED

GentooPlayer

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

@holzhor what's wrong with alsa 1.0.29

Sorry Filippo, I am not at home at the moment. From my memory I always get "missing symlink" and "invalid profile" messages after alsa-dw.

Edit: Pls have a look at the last pic of my last pm. Grazie!

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

12 minutes ago, Holzohr said:

Sorry Filippo, I am not at home at the moment. From my memory I always get "missing symlink" and "invalid profile" messages after alsa-dw.

Edit: Pls have a look at the last pic of my last pm. Grazie!

Yes I remember ... I gave you some commands to give ...

/etc/init.d/ntp-client restare

emerge-webrsync

alsa-dw 

I still have a spare pi3B without +. The plan is to boot the 190110 image with it then select a kernel for pi3B+ and then to place the micro sd card into the pi3B+. If this works? I will give it later a try. I need more usb sticks and micro sd cards.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

7 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

Yes

Hmm.. not really. I mean I neither have ethernet access to the older pi version with the 190110 image.. lol

I guess I will have to grab the HDMI cable and USB keyboard again. Tomorrow.

23 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

Yes

Ciao Filippo.. strange the pi3B has problems to boot with the 190110 image. The pi3+ does boot and after /etc/init.d/ntp-client restart it is possible to have access via ssh (you must select a suitable kernel für the + version before) but emerge-webrsync brings the result as showed in the second pic.

gpraspi1.jpg

emergewebrsync.jpg

55 minutes ago, Holzohr said:

Ciao Filippo.. strange the pi3B has problems to boot with the 190110 image. The pi3+ does boot and after /etc/init.d/ntp-client restart it is possible to have access via ssh (you must select a suitable kernel für the + version before) but emerge-webrsync brings the result as showed in the second pic.

gpraspi1.jpg

emergewebrsync.jpg

Yes the 3b does not start with the 3b + kernel, to avoid these problems I will do two different images .... for the problem of resync, a question: have you resized the root partition?

"No device space left"

3 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

.... for the problem of resync, a question: have you resized the root partition?

"No device space left"

No, I did not. Embarassing. I was not sure if that's needed for the pi, too. How to do? It didn't work the way as it's described in Michael's manual (thank to him) for the x32-64 plattform.

27 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

hi Filippo, I used the GP64 usb flash drive on another pc. All seems to work well so far, but just in case: do I need to do anything within GP to adapt to the new HW?

in reality no. But one of the features of gentoo is that you can compile the entire system taking into account the specific instructions of your cpu. what I already do for the architectures arm, instead for the architectures 64 (each cpu has its own characteristics) it is impossible that I do it but the user can do it using the command ricompila.. operation that takes a long time, depends on CPU power ... and it's even faster ssd ... this is a true refinement of the system ...

For "remote-compiling" I find screen interesting. It makes the compiling possible without keeping the ssh-connection alive.

I have installed the OpenRC version on my NUC. After about 8 hours of compiling it doesn't find any new kernel to install unfortunately. With the SystemD version I had more success in this case but made a wrong click when chosing the suitable video card *blush*.

11 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

with any behind linux also live via gparted

Ah ok, I have an Ubuntu Live usb stick for such things from Audiolinux times. 😊

3 ore fa, Holzohr ha detto:

Per la "compilazione remota" trovo lo  schermo  interessante. Rende possibile la compilazione senza mantenere viva la connessione ssh.

Ho installato la versione OpenRC sul mio NUC. Dopo circa 8 ore di compilazione, non trova nessun nuovo kernel da installare, sfortunatamente. Con la versione SystemD ho avuto più successo in questo caso ma ho fatto un clic sbagliato quando ho scelto la scheda video appropriata * blush *.

Ah ok, ho una chiavetta USB Ubuntu Live per cose del genere da tempi di Audiolinux. 😊

strange, it should not install any new kernels

Hi.

Trying to add the nginx package to a new install. Have done it several times before, but this time it fails.

IT IS NOT A GENTOOPLAYER FAILURE, more a general bug in gentoo.

If someone can see the light here, please let me know.

emerge www-servers/nginx      

* IMPORTANT: 16 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.

Calculating dependencies... done!

>>> Verifying ebuild manifests

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) www-servers/nginx-1.14.1::gentoo
 * nginx-1.14.1.tar.gz BLAKE2B SHA512 size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                                        [ ok ]
 * ngx_devel_kit-0.3.0-r1.tar.gz BLAKE2B SHA512 size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]
 * Creating nginx user and group ...
 * Adding group 'nginx' to your system ...
 *  - Groupid: next available
groupadd: cannot open /etc/gshadow
groupadd: failed to unlock /etc/gshadow
 * ERROR: www-servers/nginx-1.14.1::gentoo failed (setup phase):
 *   (no error message)
 * Call stack:
 *             ebuild.sh, line 124:  Called pkg_setup
 *   nginx-1.14.1.ebuild, line 351:  Called enewgroup 'nginx'
 *           user.eclass, line 346:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *              groupadd -r ${opts} "${egroup}" || die
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=www-servers/nginx-1.14.1::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=www-servers/nginx-1.14.1::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/www-servers/nginx-1.14.1/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/www-servers/nginx-1.14.1/temp/die.env'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/www-servers/nginx-1.14.1/homedir'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/www-servers/nginx-1.14.1/work/nginx-1.14.1'

>>> Failed to emerge www-servers/nginx-1.14.1, Log file:

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/www-servers/nginx-1.14.1/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package www-servers/nginx-1.14.1:

*   (no error message)
 * Call stack:
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=www-servers/nginx-1.14.1::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=www-servers/nginx-1.14.1::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/www-servers/nginx-1.14.1/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/www-servers/nginx-1.14.1/temp/die.env'.

Thanks Michael.

28 minutes ago, michaelvv said:

Hi.

Trying to add the nginx package to a new install. Have done it several times before, but this time it fails.

emerge www-servers/nginx      

* nginx-1.14.1.tar.gz BLAKE2B SHA512 size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                                        [ ok ]
 * ngx_devel_kit-0.3.0-r1.tar.gz BLAKE2B SHA512 size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                              [ ok ]
 *   (no error message)
 * Call stack:

*   (no error message)
 * Call stack:

Thanks Michael.

found a file /etc/gshadow.lock , and I deleted it, seems to work now... weird....

33 minutes ago, michaelvv said:

Hi.

emerge www-servers/nginx      

*   (no error message)
 * Call stack:

*   (no error message)
 * Call stack:

Thanks Michael.

filesystem read-only? Try to restart with the command shutdown -rF now

19 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

filesystem read-only? Try to restart with the command shutdown -rF now

shutdown -rF now - some time it works but not all the time.

It's on a new mainboard, and a installation I just made today I have this issue.

My old USB-Key from 8 days ago did not have these issues.

I'll connect a monitor and see what is happening.

19 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

with any behind linux also live via gparted

Success! Alsa 1.0.29 is installed now after resizing the root partition. The white error message appears on ram mode only. And "rete non rilevata". On non-ram mode the ip address is visible there and eth0 instead of NULL. But everything works on ram mode.

rp11.jpg

10 minutes ago, michaelvv said:

shutdown -rF now - some time it works but not all the time.

It's on a new mainboard, and a installation I just made today I have this issue.

My old USB-Key from 8 days ago did not have these issues.

I'll connect a monitor and see what is happening.

It's almost certainly a corrupt filesystem problem ... easy that happens with USB sticks

3 minutes ago, Holzohr said:

Success! Alsa 1.0.29 is installed now after resizing the root partition. The white error message appears on ram mode only. And "rete non rilevata". On non-ram mode the ip address is visible there and eth0 instead of NULL. But everything works on ram mode.

rp11.jpg

gp-update resolves that error message

And option 1 of the ramsystem

6 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

gp-update resolves that error message

And option 1 of the ramsystem

Hmmm... gp-update doesn't work on ram mode and on non-ram mode I don't have that error message. Besides I gave the command gp-update and emerge-webrsync before alsa-dw. Option 1 of Ramsystem didn't help either.

rp12.jpg

rp13.jpg