IGNORED

GentooPlayer

1 hour ago, Gavin1977 said:

Hi - using web interface I now get the following error when executing any script

Calling the script...

Internal Server Error

I have restarted the NUC and checked network connect - any ideas?  Playback still works fine.

Issue resolved - Gentoo Player on my NUC was not the issue, it was my the laptop upon which I was trying to access the web interface - rebooted this and no problems now.

interesting thing

image.png.ca8197eafb7253fc0e0663a170bcd8af.png

"C-3PO: How to implement a third octave graphic equalizer.

Someone asked me, maybe I'll insert it directly in the pugin, but already today you can enter the parameters in the field: Additional effects BEFORE resampling or Additional effects AFTER resampling copying them from the simulator in excell that I prepared, you can see in the picture and find here: www.marcoc1712.it/downloads/eq.xlsx

Modify the parameters (I recommend gain ONLY) and automatically modify the commands and graph, copy the entire column of commands and paste it into the C-3PO field, apply it and it's done.

On the same model you can create parametric EQs or octave or 1/2 octave graphs, tone controls, xOver electronics, effects,... all you need is imagination.

For environmental EQ the third octave is considered the most natural interval (at least 600Hz and up) and has the advantage of matching the 'standard' spectral analysis tools, making everything easier.  

Good fun."

36 minutes ago, Gavin1977 said:

Any ambitions to configure gentooplayer as a bonjour service, so for example gentooplayer.local can be used to access the wbesite interface rather than IP?

it also generally works with

image.png.9b493cc93759526152912a9fc472351c.png

but apparently not always...

Is there an option in the web interface that will tell Gentoo Player to permanently launch to Ram Disk upon boot?

RamSystem add

1 hour ago, rockymystic said:

I am about to install Gentoo in my laptop, just curious what is the best recommended setup in terms of players and clients etc, it does have option for roon ,hqplayer,lms and many others... need to understand under what configuration it outperforms euphony and others.

Regards,

Rakesh.

I run Roon Server on a desktop machine and send to Squeezelite (usually Squeezelite-R2) running on an Allo USBridge Signature/Digione Signature combo with GentooPlayer as OS.

Other people use LMS --> Squeezelite or Squeezelite-R2; HQPlayer -->>Networkaudiod; Roon --> RoonBridge; Mpd/Upmpdcli; etc.

It all works well and sounds good.  I use Roon because I love the interface, but send to Squeezelite-R2 because to me it sounds better than sending to RoonBridge.

@antonellocaroli Hi Antonello, hope you are safe there in Italy.

I have a NUC with 2 network cards, one wired one wireless

my config with other OS's is usually

Wifi wlan0 - 192.168.95.225 - Gateway 192.168.95.1

Wired eth0 - 192.168.96.225 - Gateway NONE

I can configure wifi or wired but not both at the same time with the scripts

Can I just edit the network files directly? where are these files?

Thank you

7 hours ago, luisma said:

@antonellocaroli Hi Antonello, hope you are safe there in Italy.

I have a NUC with 2 network cards, one wired one wireless

my config with other OS's is usually

Wifi wlan0 - 192.168.95.225 - Gateway 192.168.95.1

Wired eth0 - 192.168.96.225 - Gateway NONE

I can configure wifi or wired but not both at the same time with the scripts

Can I just edit the network files directly? where are these files?

Thank you

/etc/conf.d/net

17 hours ago, rockymystic said:

I am about to install Gentoo in my laptop, just curious what is the best recommended setup in terms of players and clients etc, it does have option for roon ,hqplayer,lms and many others... need to understand under what configuration it outperforms euphony and others.

Regards,

Rakesh.

I made no adjustments from the standard install other than enabling RAM boot - sounds great to me without further tweaks.

I have only compared upnp on Gentoo Player vs Euphony, and found Gentoo Player superior (and free).

You should notice an uptick in sound quality, but a laptop will be a noisy source (the screen built into laptops is apparently a large source of noise).  Pick up a cheap NUC like I have, or a Rasberry Pi and run it headless for best effect.  My limited experience is that the more powerful processors in NUC's give a more dynamic sound if that is to your liking (your mileage may vary).

8 hours ago, Gavin1977 said:

I made no adjustments from the standard install other than enabling RAM boot - sounds great to me without further tweaks.

I have only compared upnp on Gentoo Player vs Euphony, and found Gentoo Player superior (and free).

You should notice an uptick in sound quality, but a laptop will be a noisy source (the screen built into laptops is apparently a large source of noise).  Pick up a cheap NUC like I have, or a Rasberry Pi and run it headless for best effect.  My limited experience is that the more powerful processors in NUC's give a more dynamic sound if that is to your liking (your mileage may vary).

Thanks Gavin1977,

Laptop is an interim solution, i have a nuc but it does not have wifi and in my new home the router is far away. eventually i plan to add etheregen and edrock before DAC.

1 hour ago, zacho said:

Can someone run through how to setup gentooplayer on a Digione Signature as a JRiver DLNA renderer and also if Spotify connect is available on gentooplayer? Am coming from DietPi

Spotify (Tidal and Qobuz) is available through the Spotty plugin in LMS ... but it would be very nice if all could be directly accessed from gentooplayer!

I was wondering about it too... currently they are not available directly from GP!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

10 hours ago, zackthedog said:

JRiver will see any generic UPnP or DLNA renderer.  Enable the two services shown and GP will appear in the Player column of JRiver as "UpMpd."

Cheers! I've got it to appear in JRiver but I can't get any music playing. Also, volume keeps resetting to 50%. Any ideas?

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

did you set mpd ?

for the volume try:

amixer set 'Master',0 100% unmute

I've managed to get music! but it's still showing the volume slider on JRiver to be 50% even though it's at 100% volume. I actually need it to be at 97% otherwise I get audible clipping due to the gain mismatch between my amp and dac's XLR connections

I get the following when trying amixer set 'Master',0 100% unmute

Wrong scontrol identifier: Master,

5 minutes ago, zacho said:

I've managed to get music! but it's still showing the volume slider on JRiver to be 50% even though it's at 100% volume. I actually need it to be at 97% otherwise I get audible clipping due to the gain mismatch between my amp and dac's XLR connections

I get the following when trying amixer set 'Master',0 100% unmute

Wrong scontrol identifier: Master,

ah ok,

jriver gives 50% of the volume because the volume control in the mpd settings is off...

image.thumb.png.de5ef24af4f52c0e61b249a845cfa0ed.png

you have to change it