IGNORED

GentooPlayer

17 hours ago, DomieMic65 said:

updating to .106  kernels on my rpi4 it made it ususable 

I reflashed the sd card updated kernel to .106 and still after sellecting one (nr 6) again rpi can't be accessed (ssh or web) 

I think you had this problem because the system was rebooted when the files weren't completely decompressed...
Now I've put a sleeper that should fix the problem...

22 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

I think you had this problem because the system was rebooted when the files weren't completely decompressed...
Now I've put a sleeper that should fix the problem...

OK!! Thank you!!

So update should be safe(er) now?

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

20 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

yes, after gp-update...should work well

it did!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

Hello @antonellocaroli

just upgraded to version 2.11 on rpi4 using the web interface and everything is ok but ... the functions Player C, D, E, F are not working anymore, if I select one of them I receive the error “Failed to load script info. Try to reload the page. Error message: 
Failed to connect to the server”

strange... try gp-update...

Hello altogether,

found this forum trough a hint at diyaudio. As I am trying to read though all those posts I have some questions to get up and running.

I use a BeagleBoneBlack with cape from twisted pear to a Buffalo IIIpro se Dac (ES9038 chip) with Roon.

Are there are some recommendations for witch kernel to use (with botic) to preserve the power down protection by the installed battery. And how would I test it without destroying my BBB by try and error. I would have to power the player down by mains switch without performing an power down sequence (ie over ssh or power bouton on BBB). ATM if the BBB sees power loss it starts power down sequence with battery power (sorry I am Linux noob)

What are the best options regarding sound quality?

Thx

Branko

24 minutes ago, Branko said:

Hello altogether,

found this forum trough a hint at diyaudio. As I am trying to read though all those posts I have some questions to get up and running.

I use a BeagleBoneBlack with cape from twisted pear to a Buffalo IIIpro se Dac (ES9038 chip) with Roon.

Are there are some recommendations for witch kernel to use (with botic) to preserve the power down protection by the installed battery. And how would I test it without destroying my BBB by try and error. I would have to power the player down by mains switch without performing an power down sequence (ie over ssh or power bouton on BBB). ATM if the BBB sees power loss it starts power down sequence with battery power (sorry I am Linux noob)

Thx

Branko

Welcome to AS Branko. You may find some info in this article, otherwise keep asking and I’m sure someone will have the answer. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 hours ago, Branko said:

Hello altogether,

Thx

Branko

Hi Branko,

the kernels that you can use with botic are those that bear the words botic, rt and not rt.

the botic shutdown procedure doesn't work with all of them, so 
you have to test which one it works with.

you don't have to modify the uenv.text file

the first time you start gp-update

17 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

I didn't quite understand the question...

can you turn off web-interface
or shell (shutdown -h now)
or by simply cutting the power

Hello, 

As I understood the "shutdown procedure" with protection battery: if the hardware (BBB) looses mains power before the correct shutdown was performed it could be "destroyed". Therefor the "shutdown procedure" holds power (if main power goes away) and performs a "save" shutdown (by "emulating" a shutdown button press). 

Now I would like to test if this functionality is present. But shell shutdown don't gives me this information (it works but battery protection is not necessary). Simply cutting power I fear to damage the BBB? 

Is there any other save way to test if the procedure is present and working.

Regards

Branko

Hi @antonellocaroli

In web interface - news I see this: "09.03.20 A new version of eeprom driver for Rpi is available v.5.0.2"

While updating my player rpi3B+ I saw only rpi4 mentioned in the text while the update was going on... 

Is this update only for rpi4?

If yes ... (fortunately) it seems that my 3b+ works OK after the update!

27 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

Hi @antonellocaroli

In web interface - news I see this: "09.03.20 A new version of eeprom driver for Rpi is available v.5.0.2"

While updating my player rpi3B+ I saw only rpi4 mentioned in the text while the update was going on... 

Is this update only for rpi4?

If yes ... (fortunately) it seems that my 3b+ works OK after the update!

on rpi4 updates the specific driver,
on rpi3 you can do it anyway, it doesn't have a specific effect...but it fixes a small bug.