IGNORED

GentooPlayer

41 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

HQPlayer embedded on server => GP endpoint => Denafrips DAC

HQPlayer is set to Auto, i.e. PCM is sent as PCM and DSD as DSD.

Actually, I now noticed it also happens occasionaly with a PCM-only playlist.

I do not think it is a GP problem. Rather a DAC-recognition problem.

But maybe something can be changed in the software (HQP or GP) to solve this.

try to update networkaudiod

4 hours ago, bodiebill said:

HQPlayer embedded on server => GP endpoint => Denafrips DAC

HQPlayer is set to Auto, i.e. PCM is sent as PCM and DSD as DSD.

Actually, I now noticed it also happens occasionaly with a PCM-only playlist.

I do not think it is a GP problem. Rather a DAC-recognition problem.

But maybe something can be changed in the software (HQP or GP) to solve this.

I have your same config, HQPe --> GP with NAA ---> Terminator

You just received your DAC, it must come with the latest firmware, be sure to double ask Alvin about it. I had these issues you are describing with the old Amanero board, the new board doesn't have that issue but before and after the update on the new board I had (and still have) occasionally "a loud ringing noise along with music", even more sometimes you get "scratching sounds" from your tweeters / compression drivers. Switch format or sometimes turn off and back on the DAC.

Which GP endpoint you have? with a GP fanless PC I'm good, with an Allo Bridge GP endpoint I can't play on the terminator as there is no driver for it.

26 minutes ago, luisma said:

I have your same config, HQPe --> GP with NAA ---> Terminator

Ah, that is good to know, so we can compare notes 🙂

Actually, I also tried with HQPe --> AudioLinux with NAA ---> Terminator

and that has the same problem.

You just received your DAC, it must come with the latest firmware, be sure to double ask Alvin about it. I had these issues you are describing with the old Amanero board, the new board doesn't have that issue but before and after the update on the new board I had (and still have) occasionally "a loud ringing noise along with music", even more sometimes you get "scratching sounds" from your tweeters / compression drivers. Switch format or sometimes turn off and back on the DAC.

Good idea, I will ask Alvin.

Indeed the new board is mounted. I have the old board also, but I am in no hurry to try it out.

Which GP endpoint you have? with a GP fanless PC I'm good, with an Allo Bridge GP endpoint I can't play on the terminator as there is no driver for it.

A very low-footprint fanless PC that can easily be driven by an SR4 (2A). It recognizes the Terminator without problem.

audio system

21 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

have you tried the first driver?

Hi Antonello, yes I did, notice I have the original Allo Bridge not the Allo Signature.

The Allo Bridge plays at twice or three times speed music with this specific dac new board and after dac driver initialization plays like that only once. Same dac but Amanero board plays just fine. I think this new board in addition to be custom also has thesycon chipset.

21 hours ago, bodiebill said:

Indeed the new board is mounted. I have the old board also, but I am in no hurry to try it out.

So weird, that loud hiss only happened switching formats on the old amanero board, I have never experienced that specific hiss with the new board, although I don't switch formats that often using mostly PCM.

you could perfectly blow a tweeter if it is the same hiss I suspect,very annoying.

Be sure to keep HQP initial volume low - 14 or so so Everytime you switch filters or resolution etc and the DAC might not handshake properly at least the volume protects you.

You using NOS or OS?

13 minutes ago, luisma said:

Hi Antonello, yes I did, notice I have the original Allo Bridge not the Allo Signature.

The Allo Bridge plays at twice or three times speed music with this specific dac new board and after dac driver initialization plays like that only once. Same dac but Amanero board plays just fine. I think this new board in addition to be custom also has thesycon chipset.

the rpoblem is that the allo-bridge "original" has a fairly old kernel...3.X I don't remember the exact version anymore...

sparky?

updating to .106  kernels on my rpi4 it made it ususable 

I reflashed the sd card updated kernel to .106 and still after sellecting one (nr 6) again rpi can't be accessed (ssh or web) 

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

On 3/6/2020 at 5:26 AM, antonellocaroli said:

with which software? switching from flac to dsf? or resample pcm>dsd?

no, unfortunately not.

boot the pc with a live linux (any) put on usbstick, it could also be gentooplayer-xfce put on usbstick with etcher...

download the image

open a terminal and become root (in gentoo to become root just give the command "su" and then type the password)

then take over

xzcat /path-to-file/file.img.xz > /dev/sdX && sync

or

xz --decompress /path/to/file.img.xz | dd of=/dev/sdX

sdX is the disk where to install

example sda, sdb, sdc, etc.

Be careful to choose the right disc... the disc is overwritten...

Alternative that worked for me.  Use WintoUSB to create bootable Windows 10 USB stick.  Launch this, download gentooplayer, remove local disk write protection using CMD (e.g. if Win 10 already installed), use Etcher in unsafe mode so that internal disks are visible and write the gentoo player image to SSD.  Worked great.

11 minutes ago, Downtheline said:

Does wifi work with intel nuc i7 dnhe? I am using 5.5.0-pf2-x86_64-PF-ST. I dont see my ssid using either ssh or web interface.  Thank you!

if gentooplayer has an internet connection do gp-update first...and then try again.

or

try giving the command:

ifconfig wlan0 up

and try to see if he sees the ssid