IGNORED

GentooPlayer

51 minutes ago, Sebastian T. said:

Sadly, I have a Chord Qutest DAC. I couldn't find a way to make it play correctly. On the 4.19 kernels I get pops and clicks and on the 4.14 the music plays soooo slow. It stutters like crazy. I really wish I could use gentooplayer, but I feel lost. :( 

I used Chord Hugo 2, worked fine for me.  I am using ethernet connection though.

6 hours ago, Sebastian T. said:

Sadly, I have a Chord Qutest DAC. I couldn't find a way to make it play correctly. On the 4.19 kernels I get pops and clicks and on the 4.14 the music plays soooo slow. It stutters like crazy. I really wish I could use gentooplayer, but I feel lost. :( 

My Hugo 2 and my Mojo work fine.  I am using wired networking.  Do you have some other DAC to test.

8 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

did you set up mpd?

image.thumb.png.a34d93f14cc3bfc4eb32ef3ac94eac3f.png

Yes, selected the Audiocard. When configuring MPD through the old method/wizard, on MPD restart I got a message indicating that a port was previously assigned but the process would continue anyway - it scrolled off the screen before I could capture the details.

Hello, as i experienced some problem with Roon server (explained here) i was looking to downgrade to kernel 4.19 for GentooPlayer x86-64bit. It seems there is no kernel 4.19 available  : do you confirm ?

Is there somewhere a description of the available kernels for the x86-64bits version ?

Thanks a lot

42 minutes ago, Patatorz said:

Hello, as i experienced some problem with Roon server (explained here) i was looking to downgrade to kernel 4.19 for GentooPlayer x86-64bit. It seems there is no kernel 4.19 available  : do you confirm ?

Is there somewhere a description of the available kernels for the x86-64bits version ?

Thanks a lot

Yes, I confirm. But I could put one to install, in kernel UP/DW in the webinterface.

There are two types of RT and PF kernels...

pf-kernel

With different configurations (I don't go into details)

CORE: is specific for cpu intel core 2 or higher.....

Hello Antonello, RT kernel for Intel CPU could be great. I hope Roon could solve quickly this problem.

Two other questions :

1. concerning the "TWK Various" menu and the network optimization, where can i find more details on the GP1, GP2, linux standards,....configurations ?
  2. what means "RT clock: default GP 3072 - default linux 64" 

Thanks for your support

15 minutes ago, Patatorz said:

Hello Antonello, RT kernel for Intel CPU could be great. I hope Roon could solve quickly this problem.

Two other questions :

1. concerning the "TWK Various" menu and the network optimization, where can i find more details on the GP1, GP2, linux standards,....configurations ?
  2. what means "RT clock: default GP 3072 - default linux 64" 

Thanks for your support

2. is the Real Time Clock Frequency

1. are several parameters to pass to the kernel as far as the network is concerned

6 minutes ago, Patatorz said:

Thanks, do you if it is possible to see the network parameters passed to the Kernel ?

Concernint the RT i'm confused if the best parameter (perhaps you are going to ask me to test) is "64" or "3072" as i don't understand basically what is the difference between GP and Linux. 

64 is normally in linux system, 3072 is standard in GP....

example of parameters for the network:

net.core.rmem_max=26214400
net.core.wmem_max=26214400
net.ipv4.tcp_rmem='4096 1048576 26214400'
net.ipv4.tcp_wmem='4096 1048576 26214400'
net.ipv4.tcp_mem='26214400 26214400 26214400'

and others....

don't change the parameters and leave the GP standard ones, otherwise experiment.....you can always go back...

11 hours ago, Lukasluis said:

Hi @antonellocaroli, Would it be possible to have a system-wide EQ with Gentooplayer? I ask because I would like to EQ the output of Gentooplayer (MPD, Upnp, Tidal) when listening through my headphones.

No, but if you want to do it through LMS/C-3PO...
to do it using sox, which, in my opinion, is even better than alsa-eq or pulse...

see

see

6 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

yes, I no longer develop the systemd version ...

So I installed the latest (non-systemd) version. One choice less to make 🙂

However, I now run into a slight problem: when a playlist switches from DSD to PCM I get a loud hiss and no music. In order to get it to play normally, I have to stop and restart. Any idea?

audio system

If there an easy way to install the GentooPlayer image file direct from USB to on an internal m2 SSD?  

I was just wondering if it's possible to avoid the need to create a bootable linux USB from which you then install the image fine on the internal SSD.  Something like a bootable version of etcher?

10 hours ago, bodiebill said:

So I installed the latest (non-systemd) version. One choice less to make 🙂

However, I now run into a slight problem: when a playlist switches from DSD to PCM I get a loud hiss and no music. In order to get it to play normally, I have to stop and restart. Any idea?

with which software? switching from flac to dsf? or resample pcm>dsd?

7 hours ago, Gavin1977 said:

If there an easy way to install the GentooPlayer image file direct from USB to on an internal m2 SSD?  

I was just wondering if it's possible to avoid the need to create a bootable linux USB from which you then install the image fine on the internal SSD.  Something like a bootable version of etcher?

no, unfortunately not.

boot the pc with a live linux (any) put on usbstick, it could also be gentooplayer-xfce put on usbstick with etcher...

download the image

open a terminal and become root (in gentoo to become root just give the command "su" and then type the password)

then take over

xzcat /path-to-file/file.img.xz > /dev/sdX && sync

or

xz --decompress /path/to/file.img.xz | dd of=/dev/sdX

sdX is the disk where to install

example sda, sdb, sdc, etc.

Be careful to choose the right disc... the disc is overwritten...

3 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

with which software? switching from flac to dsf? or resample pcm>dsd?

HQPlayer embedded on server => GP endpoint => Denafrips DAC

HQPlayer is set to Auto, i.e. PCM is sent as PCM and DSD as DSD.

Actually, I now noticed it also happens occasionaly with a PCM-only playlist.

I do not think it is a GP problem. Rather a DAC-recognition problem.

But maybe something can be changed in the software (HQP or GP) to solve this.

audio system