IGNORED

GentooPlayer

1 minute ago, antonellocaroli said:

It's not really like that...

it also restores other files...files that are in /etc...
as well as fstab....

so things you don't see...

then I suggest you try without backup restore....

I see...

So I must burn again the sd card? 
Thnx!!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

1 minute ago, antonellocaroli said:

or you open up a teamviewer connection and I'll fix it for you...

thank you!!! I'll send you a pm as soon as I can!!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

9 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

Yes, it looks like he's using MP3s.

but the thing that's not clear to me, the linn app only works by enabling mpd and upmpdcli?
Strange, I thought it didn't work, I was pretty sure linn needed bubble...

try doing

echo "tidalquality = lossless" >> /etc/upmpdcli.conf

and restart upmpdcli

upmrestart

I already try that but it gives me the same results, "44hz 320kbps" music:

* Stopping upmpdcli ...                                                                           [ ok ]

* Starting upmpdcli ...

:3:src/mediaserver/contentdirectory.cxx:180::ContentDirectory: not creating entry for gmusic because neither gmusicuser nor gmusicautostart are defined in the configuration

:3:src/mediaserver/contentdirectory.cxx:180::ContentDirectory: not creating entry for qobuz because neither qobuzuser nor qobuzautostart are defined in the configuration

:3:src/mediaserver/contentdirectory.cxx:180::ContentDirectory: not creating entry for spotify because neither spotifyuser nor spotifyautostart are defined in the configuration

:3:src/mediaserver/contentdirectory.cxx:180::ContentDirectory: not creating entry for tidal because neither tidaluser nor tidalautostart are defined in the configuration      [ ok ]

Also I already fill tidaluser, tidalpass and tidalautostart and same errors as above appears.

7 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

anyway I tried linn and it works without changing anything on GP

image.thumb.png.5f46dcef89819ee3773dfd3a4c57b91e.png

image.thumb.png.be1594702e172040d2bb327828ae33a1.png

image.thumb.png.8561de9511d360bd79080d49c50de38b.png

Are you using only MPD and UpMPDcli? In my setup I can only see "Main Room", no "UpMPD" option here. 

My Linn app:

IMG_1224.PNG.64a1fab33931a83adc787f69a3347eb5.PNGIMG_1225.PNG.ec8369977ce1361c92926ab49773fb7a.PNGIMG_1227.PNG.e11f90eb34e1c833fdc26688014df41c.PNG

I have another problem, my computer Macbook Pro 15inch mid 2015, is always at full speed and the fan always spinning even without playing any song. Is this normal? Can you help me?1054968564_Capturadeecra2020-02-27as11_14_49.thumb.png.cec173e3be06c272ec85d32aa426df9b.png170691248_Capturadeecra2020-02-27as11_15_32.thumb.png.e351efc609110e318b3b1d8939747c54.png

1 hour ago, mnuno10 said:

Are you using only MPD and UpMPDcli? 

yes, with all the standard options... which means I haven't changed anything in the upmpdcli configuration...

I have another problem, my computer Macbook Pro 15inch mid 2015, is always at full speed and the fan always spinning even without playing any song. Is this normal? Can you help me?

did you try it without profiles?

I never did a test on mac anyway...

40 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

yes, with all the standard options... which means I haven't changed anything in the upmpdcli configuration...

did you try it without profiles?

I never did a test on mac anyway...

The room UpMpd that you have in Linn is not related with BubbleUpnp being enabled in GentooPlayer? I only have these two options when I also have BubbleUpnp enabled. And the problem of Linn always showing 44hz 320kbps only happens in Main Room.

But related to this problem, it seems a bug of Linn app, because when I change the values of tidalquality between low and lossless in /etc/upmpdcli.conf, the app always shows 44hz 320kbps, but lossless option gives way better sound quality.

Related to cpu temperature I will try another profiles and see what happens. The goal is to buy a NUC to use with some Linux audio distribution. Right now I'm really enjoying GentooPlayer, and for use with Tidal (without Roon), it works wonderfully because I can use Linn app(which as a good UI/UX) without the need of BubbleUpnp(that sounds much worse to my ears).

Thank you very much @antonellocaroli

3 hours ago, mnuno10 said:

The room UpMpd that you have in Linn is not related with BubbleUpnp being enabled in GentooPlayer? I only have these two options when I also have BubbleUpnp enabled. And the problem of Linn always showing 44hz 320kbps only happens in Main Room.

But related to this problem, it seems a bug of Linn app, because when I change the values of tidalquality between low and lossless in /etc/upmpdcli.conf, the app always shows 44hz 320kbps, but lossless option gives way better sound quality.

Related to cpu temperature I will try another profiles and see what happens. The goal is to buy a NUC to use with some Linux audio distribution. Right now I'm really enjoying GentooPlayer, and for use with Tidal (without Roon), it works wonderfully because I can use Linn app(which as a good UI/UX) without the need of BubbleUpnp(that sounds much worse to my ears).

Thank you very much @antonellocaroli

you see in the mpd log that you have something like this

image.thumb.png.7e1610b807fb030b72d551f3baaa0c35.png

5 hours ago, Sebastian T. said:

@antonellocaroli, could you please help me install a wifi dongle with the 8822bu chipset? I did manage to use it with dietpi, but I don't know how to make it work under gentooplayer. Thank you.

Hi,i have the same issue with 8822au chipset.

Antonio told me to truc this but it does not work:

"

try:

cd /tmp/

wget https://github.com/antonellocaroli/rpi-firmware/releases/download/20200223/firmware.tar.xz

tar xvf firmware.tar.xz  --xattrs --numeric-owner -C /

reboot 

and see if it works...

if it doesn't work try adding this line 

max_usb_current=1

to the config.txt

mount /boot

nano /boot/config.txt

If it doesn't work, I have no other ideas."

5 hours ago, Sebastian T. said:

@antonellocaroli, could you please help me install a wifi dongle with the 8822bu chipset? I did manage to use it with dietpi, but I don't know how to make it work under gentooplayer. Thank you.

Hi,i have the same issue with 8822au chipset.

Antonio told me to truc this but it does not work:

"

try:

cd /tmp/

wget https://github.com/antonellocaroli/rpi-firmware/releases/download/20200223/firmware.tar.xz

tar xvf firmware.tar.xz  --xattrs --numeric-owner -C /

reboot 

and see if it works...

if it doesn't work try adding this line 

max_usb_current=1

to the config.txt

mount /boot

nano /boot/config.txt

If it doesn't work, I have no other ideas."

9 hours ago, Gavin1977 said:

Question... is Shairport included for airplay playback emulation?  I couldn’t find it in the web interface.

I've never used shairport, so I don't know how it works.
I put in an ebuild... if you want to see if it works...

emerge --sync

gp-update

emerge --ask shairport

/etc/init.d/shairport restart

here is a configuration file in

/etc/conf.d/shairport

@Sebastian T.  @Limpbizkit

the only driver I found in the kernel that looks like it is this one:

image.png.4ff3d81e8458bf709844003fe2324b0b.png

then I found other drivers on github but they don't compile on arm64...

so if you want to do a test with this kernel and let me know:

mount /boot
cd /tmp

wget https://github.com/antonellocaroli/kernel-test/releases/download/1.0/GP-Rpi3-Kernel-TEST-WIFI.tar.xz

tar xvf GP-Rpi3-Kernel-TEST-WIFI.tar.xz --xattrs --numeric-owner -C /

reboot

8 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

@Sebastian T.  @Limpbizkit

the only driver I found in the kernel that looks like it is this one:

image.png.4ff3d81e8458bf709844003fe2324b0b.png

then I found other drivers on github but they don't compile on arm64...

so if you want to do a test with this kernel and let me know:

mount /boot
cd /tmp

wget https://github.com/antonellocaroli/kernel-test/releases/download/1.0/GP-Rpi3-Kernel-TEST-WIFI.tar.xz

tar xvf GP-Rpi3-Kernel-TEST-WIFI.tar.xz --xattrs --numeric-owner -C /

reboot

Is it a 4.14 or a 4.19 Kernel?

7 minutes ago, Sebastian T. said:

Sadly, I have a Chord Qutest DAC. I couldn't find a way to make it play correctly. On the 4.19 kernels I get pops and clicks and on the 4.14 the music plays soooo slow. It stutters like crazy. I really wish I could use gentooplayer, but I feel lost. :( 

That's another problem. I wanted to see if the wi-fi dongle would be recognized...