IGNORED

GentooPlayer

Antonello, FYI: with the cpufreq reduced to 1000MHz, the sdramfreq requced to 400MHz, HDMI switched off and the USB bus powered off, an RPi 3B+ hosting an Allo DigiOne Signature and running only mpd and upmpdcli under GenTooPlayer requires 0.22-0.24A under load (replay of 24bits/48KHz files). I have added "dtparam=audio=off" to /boot/config.txt as I do not need the internal audio of the RPi. Thanks for providing GenTooPlayer!

Question on Squeezelite-R2 and DSD

Using the DSDPlayer plugin on LMS (version 7.9.2) and Squeezelite-R2 on Gentooplayer configured as follows:

Squeezelite-R2-DSD.thumb.png.c62849e0263c6c15b25e4190b9441b28.png

ie

/etc/conf.d/squeezelite-R2 

SL_OPTS="-C 1 -D :u32be -o hw:CARD=Control,DEV=0 -r 44100-384000  -b 2080:3528  -n GentooPlayer-R2 -m 00:e0:4s:78:d1:47"

The Dac is a Khadas Tone Board:

Card 0, ID `Control', name `Khadas Tone Control'
Device 0, ID `USB Audio', name `USB Audio', 1 subdevices (1 available)
2 channels, sampling rate 44100..768000 Hz
Sample formats: S16_LE, S32_LE, SPECIAL, DSD_U32_BE
Buffer size range from 16 to 262144
Period size range from 8 to 131072
Subdevice 0, name `subdevice #0'

I believe in this case DOP is used, correct? 
There is no resample whatsoever of  DSD source files on the LMS server side, correct?

Asking simply because I can get VERY good results up to and including DSD256, with optimal audio quality!!!

Test Tracks:

(1)

Arnesen: MAGNIFICAT 4. Et misericordia (DSD256)
Nidarosdomens jentekor & TrondheimSolistene
http://www.lindberg.no/hires/test/2L-106/2L-106_stereo-11289k-1b_04.zip

(2)

Britten: Simple Symphony, Op. 4  (DSD128)
TrondheimSolistene
http://www.lindberg.no/hires/test/DSD128/2L-050_stereo-DSD128_01.zip  

(3)

Joseph Haydn: String Quartet In D, Op. 76, No. 5 - Finale - Presto (DSD128)
Engegård Quartet
http://www.lindberg.no/hires/test/2L-053_04_stereo-DSD128.dff

(4)

Chromatic Fantasia and Fugue in D minor, BWV 903: Fantasia (DSD128)
Christian Grøvlen

http://www.lindberg.no/hires/test/2L-139/2L-139_stereo_DSF_5644k_1b_01.dsf

New Rpi4 build has definitely helped temps for me, around 7-8C.

But, when trying to enter ramdisk mode 4, not working, throws these errors:

rsync: mkdir "/root/cache/distfiles" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at main.c(664) [Receiver=3.1.3]

wait...

root      1437  0.0  0.0   8840  3196 ?        S<s  22:18   0:00 /bin/sh /opt/RoonBridge/start.sh -f /var/log/roon.log
 * Stopping roonbridge ...                                                [ ok ]
 * /var/log/roon.log: creating file
 * checkpath: open: No such file or directory
 * ERROR: roonbridge failed to start
mpd       1406  0.0  0.2 428632  9308 ?        S<sl 22:18   0:00 /usr/bin/mpd /etc/mpd.conf
 * Stopping mpd ...                                                       [ ok ]
 * Starting mpd ...
exception: failed to open log file "/var/lib/mpd/log" (config line 37): No such file or directory
 * start-stop-daemon: failed to start `/usr/bin/mpd'
 * Failed to start mpd                                                    [ !! ]
 * ERROR: mpd failed to start
 * Stopping web ...                                                       [ ok ]
 * /var/log/web.log: creating file
 * ERROR: web failed to start

8 hours ago, askat1988 said:

New Rpi4 build has definitely helped temps for me, around 7-8C.

But, when trying to enter ramdisk mode 4, not working, throws these errors:

rsync: mkdir "/root/cache/distfiles" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at main.c(664) [Receiver=3.1.3]

wait...

root      1437  0.0  0.0   8840  3196 ?        S<s  22:18   0:00 /bin/sh /opt/RoonBridge/start.sh -f /var/log/roon.log
 * Stopping roonbridge ...                                                [ ok ]
 * /var/log/roon.log: creating file
 * ERROR: roonbridge failed to start
mpd       1406  0.0  0.2 428632  9308 ?        S<sl 22:18   0:00 /usr/bin/mpd /etc/mpd.conf
 * Stopping mpd ...                                                       [ ok ]
 * Starting mpd ...
exception: failed to open log file "/var/lib/mpd/log" (config line 37): No such file or directory
 * start-stop-daemon: failed to start `/usr/bin/mpd'
 * Failed to start mpd                                                    [ !! ]
 * ERROR: mpd failed to start
 * Stopping web ...                                                       [ ok ]
 * /var/log/web.log: creating file
 * ERROR: web failed to start

gp-update > ramdisk reset > ramdisk

should solve...

how do we get the rpi4 update?

gp-update doesn't do it

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

17 hours ago, nbpf said:

Antonello, FYI: with the cpufreq reduced to 1000MHz, the sdramfreq requced to 400MHz, HDMI switched off and the USB bus powered off, an RPi 3B+ hosting an Allo DigiOne Signature and running only mpd and upmpdcli under GenTooPlayer requires 0.22-0.24A under load (replay of 24bits/48KHz files). I have added "dtparam=audio=off" to /boot/config.txt as I do not need the internal audio of the RPi. Thanks for providing GenTooPlayer!

are you using wi-fi?

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

1 minute ago, antonellocaroli said:

no.
as I wrote, from version 2.10 onwards it shouldn't be necessary anymore to refreshare the SD to switch to a later version...but it's still a function to test in the future....

Sorry .. i don't understand! I am asking for updating to 2.1...

To update to v.2.1 I must re-flash the micro-sd card? 

Thank you!!

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

yes, one must  re-flesh...
for the next versions no.... I hope...

Ok.. so LMS must be reconfigured.

If I take a backup from the existing setup will I be able to load it to the new version?

I want to do it with a USB flash drive. How big should it be? I use only LMS on the rpi4.

Thank you!!

2 hours ago, nbpf said:

Yes, the server is an RPi 4 wired to the router and running MinimServer. 

Ok.. got it.

So it makes sense disabling USB/Ethernet..

That is almost my case too:

Rpi4(LMS)/NAS(Minimserver)/Rpi3B+(GentooPlayer/S.lite-S.liteR2-MPD-upmpdcli).

it seems that whenever I reboot the rpi4 the local library gets lost.. when I rescan I get this: 

LMSrescan.png.7f221f57d121d22b366a37659dcf4c6e.png

I removed the mount with this command " rm -r /mnt/samba/* " , remount again my NAS folder and rebuild the library.

Again after reboot music folders are lost. It sees the mount folder but not the subfolders! I have enabled mount at boot of course!

How can I completely reset the local library including cache etc., in order to make it build again?

An additional info: when I flashed the 2.10 image I tried to load the backup I had from my previous setup, to see if I could avoid setting everything from the beginning, but the only thing that seemed to be set was LMS enabled. Nothing else. I do not know if I explain it correctly. Any way I having LMS enabled ( I use rpi4 only for LMS) I went on with the setup and everything went on very well and with out problems until I reboot the rpi4.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Hi,

I’m testing gentooplayer to stream Tidal. To do so I enable only MPD and upMPDcli and use Linn app to login/navigate/play Tidal. The user interface for Tidal is good and the sound quality also...in my opinion superior to Roon server and BubbleUPnp OpenHome on the same machine.

I have a doubt, Linn app shows for all songs “44hz 320kbps”. It is streaming in lossless quality or only mp3?

Also there is some documentation that explain differences between kernels, profiles and RamSystems?

Thank you in advance.

E9193251-F7A9-45A8-A4E9-68BD4609E70D.png

1 hour ago, mnuno10 said:

Hi,

I’m testing gentooplayer to stream Tidal. To do so I enable only MPD and upMPDcli and use Linn app to login/navigate/play Tidal. The user interface for Tidal is good and the sound quality also...in my opinion superior to Roon server and BubbleUPnp OpenHome on the same machine.

I have a doubt, Linn app shows for all songs “44hz 320kbps”. It is streaming in lossless quality or only mp3?

Also there is some documentation that explain differences between kernels, profiles and RamSystems?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, it looks like he's using MP3s.

but the thing that's not clear to me, the linn app only works by enabling mpd and upmpdcli?
Strange, I thought it didn't work, I was pretty sure linn needed bubble...

try doing

echo "tidalquality = lossless" >> /etc/upmpdcli.conf

and restart upmpdcli

upmrestart

6 hours ago, DomieMic65 said:

it seems that whenever I reboot the rpi4 the local library gets lost.. when I rescan I get this: 

LMSrescan.png.7f221f57d121d22b366a37659dcf4c6e.png

I removed the mount with this command " rm -r /mnt/samba/* " , remount again my NAS folder and rebuild the library.

Again after reboot music folders are lost. It sees the mount folder but not the subfolders! I have enabled mount at boot of course!

How can I completely reset the local library including cache etc., in order to make it build again?

An additional info: when I flashed the 2.10 image I tried to load the backup I had from my previous setup, to see if I could avoid setting everything from the beginning, but the only thing that seemed to be set was LMS enabled. Nothing else. I do not know if I explain it correctly. Any way I having LMS enabled ( I use rpi4 only for LMS) I went on with the setup and everything went on very well and with out problems until I reboot the rpi4.

Any idea what might be wrong?

did you try without restoring the backup?

2 hours ago, mnuno10 said:

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

anyway I tried linn and it works without changing anything on GP

image.thumb.png.5f46dcef89819ee3773dfd3a4c57b91e.png

image.thumb.png.be1594702e172040d2bb327828ae33a1.png

image.thumb.png.8561de9511d360bd79080d49c50de38b.png

5 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

did you try without restoring the backup?

The only thing that was restored after the backup was LMS enabled ... nothing else!

I had to configure it from the beginning!

5 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

The only thing that was restored after the backup was LMS enabled ... nothing else!

I had to configure it from the beginning!

It's not really like that...

it also restores other files...files that are in /etc...
as well as fstab....

so things you don't see...

then I suggest you try without backup restore....