IGNORED

GentooPlayer

2C5B0920-5FD2-4450-973D-54374F57EF33.thumb.jpeg.ee45c6bd857c5d39566f7617396c0a11.jpeg

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

33 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

2C5B0920-5FD2-4450-973D-54374F57EF33.thumb.jpeg.ee45c6bd857c5d39566f7617396c0a11.jpeg

you're not using one of the latest versions.
it's normal that it doesn't play qobuz, the strange thing is that it plays local files, as it is now it can only play flacs via C-3PO...
as it's compiled now it can only play pcm or dsd.....

or use one of the latest versions.....

or edit that file /etc/portage/package.use/audio

and change the line of squeezelite like this.

media-sound/squeezelite dsd flac mad mpg123 resample

and reinstalled squeezelite

emerge --ask squeezelite

1 hour ago, antonellocaroli said:

you're not using one of the latest versions.
it's normal that it doesn't play qobuz, the strange thing is that it plays local files, as it is now it can only play flacs via C-3PO...
as it's compiled now it can only play pcm or dsd.....

or use one of the latest versions.....

or edit that file /etc/portage/package.use/audio

and change the line of squeezelite like this.

media-sound/squeezelite dsd flac mad mpg123 resample

and reinstalled squeezelite

emerge --ask squeezelite

Wow... so the update led me to an older version?

This is for R2 too?

To have the latest version I must first edit /etc/portage/package.use/audio end then give the emerge command?

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

14 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

Wow... so the update led me to an older version?

I meant that you're not using one of the latest images

This is for R2 too?

no

To have the latest version I must first edit /etc/portage/package.use/audio end then give the emerge command?

you didn't install a previous version... you just compiled squeezelite without flac support...

as mentioned above, either you use the last (recommended) image or you edit that file and reinstall squeezelite....

How can I install the latest image?

2 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

download and reflash SD

Heh... I didn’t understand you meant the whole image of GentooPlayer...

Thank you once more!

A few days ago I had GP working with Kazoo and Tidal, by making it an OpenHome Renderer via the BubbleUpnp server on my Mac Mini.  Tonight I was experimenting with kernels.  Now BubbleUpnp will not see GP at all, nor will Kazoo.  What happened?  Any ideas?

UPDATE:  Okay, uninstalled and reinstalled BubbleUPnP on the Mac and it's good now.  Sorry for the false alarm.

13 minutes ago, shang_2000 said:

MPORTANT: config file '/etc/conf.d/squeezelite' needs updating.
* See the CONFIGURATION FILES and CONFIGURATION FILES UPDATE TOOLS
* sections of the emerge man page to learn how to update config files.

how?

I don't see the whole message, but from what I see it's right.

is telling you that you've updated squeezelite, but its configuration file hasn't been overwritten, and that's right. 
Otherwise, he's overwriting your configuration...

see

ex.

image.png.ea6ef51be180a5e7dafc0d58b23e9258.png

but it's not really necessary to do that..

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

I added some options in TWK

gp-update to update

image.thumb.png.0d115c872a6608d5a68b95dd47b5269d.png

Thank you!

I started playing a little bit with clocking....

In reality I'm trying to understand how much I can underclock, based on this 2018 note from Archimago.

Since I'm experimenting on a raspberry pi4, I tweaked only arm_freq=1000.

In fact, according to raspberry documentation

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/config-txt/overclocking.md

• gpu_freq defaults to 500 on pi4, the only other possible value is 600, so I left the default
  • core_freq defaults to 500 on pi4, the only other possible value is 600, so I left the default
  • sdram_freq defaults to 3200 on pi4, no other value is possible
13 minutes ago, simplicyk said:

Yes, at least 4 times. 

Did you have ramsystem active?

I had the same problem after launching gp-update and receiving a message similar to "you cannot run gp-update wih ramsystem".

From terminal I removed ramdisk, which caused a reboot and everything was fine then.

I did my tewak on arm_frequency, as I explained in my previous post #867, and then I re-enabled ramsystem.

Okay, now I have a puzzle, maybe someone can help.  In my system, I have Allo USB Sig connected to Doge 7 DAC.  I installed BubbleUPnP on my Mac Mini.   I made GP an OpenHome renderer.  On my phone I can use Mconnect or Kazoo to play Tidal, sounds lovely.

Now a friend also has the Allo USB Sig and the Doge 7 DAC.  I sent him a preconfigured GP card, he installed it and booted up.  We went through all updates, settings, selected kernel and profile exactly like mine.  It works fine with Audirvana on his Macbook Pro.  We installed BubbleUPnP on his Macbook, made GP an OpenHome renderer, and tried Kazoo and Mconnect.  Both see the UpMPD renderer, both connect to Tidal, but the playback is digital junk (screeching, garbled).  I'm wracking my brain to think what the difference could be, why mine works beautifully but his doesn't. Any suggestions?

The only differences in our systems is that his Allo connects to the ethernet through a pair of powerline ethernet adapters, whereas mine is a direct connection to the router.  I can't see why that would matter but maybe it does.  I know the powerline adapters have trouble connecting to the Allo using a domain name (gentooplayer etc) and we have to use the direct IP address to configure the Allo.  Would this addressing problem be an issue?

5 hours ago, zackthedog said:

and we have to use the direct IP address to configure the Allo.

what do you mean?

The only differences in our systems is that his Allo connects to the ethernet through a pair of powerline ethernet adapters, whereas mine is a direct connection to the router.  I can't see why that would matter but maybe it does.  I know the powerline adapters have trouble connecting to the Allo using a domain name (gentooplayer etc) and we have to use the direct IP address to configure the Allo.  Would this addressing problem be an issue?

cat /dev/null > /etc/resolv.conf

switch off Allo.
cut power to the powerline.
Turn on the powerline.
Turn on the Allo.