In the wizard configuration:

Page 1 - (the page says "use the arrow keys" at the top left) - hit q 

Page 2 - (AlsaMixer) - hit Esc key

Page 3 - choose the card number for your audio output device, then confirm

Page 4-  (the page says "use the arrow keys" at the top left) - hit q 

Page 5 - choose maximum sampling rate, then confirm

Page 6 - choose minimum sampling rate, then confirm

Page 7 - confirm sampling range frequency

Page 8 - In your case, type y to start mpd; type n to not start squeezelite-R2; type n to not start squeezelite

Then you have to go into the Players/Server menu to start upmpdcli (type gp-menu at prompt, 1-Players/Server, 7-Upmpdcli, 1-Restart).

If you always use Audirvana, I think you may as well go into the menus (Players/Server) for MPD and upmpdcli and set them both to start at boot (add to system boot).

Thank you.  Now I have it up and running.

5 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

I'm making it...

1)  you're talking about rpi? on rpi is not sda bat mmcblk0

2) It's not unusual... but I'll do it. It's nice.
image.thumb.png.e00e9dbbc1a185420effe2d26a1be32c.png

Thank you very much!

Yes, as you understood I was talking Pi!🙂

I hope I succeed in resizing now.

About the “alsacap” it will be in an update?

Its useful to know your dac capabilities in order to setup DoP or Native DSD 

Michael

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

In the screenshot above about resizing (fdisk/dev/mmcblk0) what does "invio" mean? I know that it means "sending" but what the is the correct setting?

Thanx!!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

25 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

In the screenshot above about resizing (fdisk/dev/mmcblk0) what does "invio" mean? I know that it means "sending" but what the is the correct setting?

Thanx!!!

Never mind.... did it! Thnx!!

FE14B2CF-5680-4E95-9D43-6CB161CBC6D7.thumb.jpeg.355551c51b4f8a3bb398e13c0ea66293.jpeg574AA358-BA96-4EDA-9B97-7CD04E3B2F53.thumb.jpeg.fca89877800291aa54ef819fe48d7b7c.jpeg

While doing system update I got those error msgs.

The update completed though.

Should I do something to check for possible issues?

Thnx!

1 hour ago, DomieMic65 said:

FE14B2CF-5680-4E95-9D43-6CB161CBC6D7.thumb.jpeg.355551c51b4f8a3bb398e13c0ea66293.jpeg574AA358-BA96-4EDA-9B97-7CD04E3B2F53.thumb.jpeg.fca89877800291aa54ef819fe48d7b7c.jpeg

While doing system update I got those error msgs.

The update completed though.

Should I do something to check for possible issues?

Thnx!

no, I don't think it worked out.

but on an rpi hardly ever goes well, if you don't know how to do it ... for a memory issue. you have to activate the swap etc. ...

gentoo unlike other linux distributions, does not install binaries, but compiles them on the system.

updating the entire system on rpi could take forever...

that said, updating the entire system is something I do from time to time...

I'm going to have to take that option off the menu.

Rather, I'll have to add a function that only updates what interests us.

44 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

no, I don't think it worked out.

but on an rpi hardly ever goes well, if you don't know how to do it ... for a memory issue. you have to activate the swap etc. ...

gentoo unlike other linux distributions, does not install binaries, but compiles them on the system.

updating the entire system on rpi could take forever...

that said, updating the entire system is something I do from time to time...

I'm going to have to take that option off the menu.

Rather, I'll have to add a function that only updates what interests us.

Ok ... thank you!

yes it took quite some time!

anyway this whole setup is for learning and seeing what problems I come through!

when I decide what I want I will burn another new card 

another question... in order to use Minimserver I have installed on my NAS with Gentoo in MPD mode I should activate the upmpcli too yes?

I tried but didn’t work .. LUMIN app didn’t see any player available.

I will try again I a few days cause I will leave home for now, but any tips would be very welcome! 

thank you once more!

3 hours ago, DomieMic65 said:

Ok ... thank you!

yes it took quite some time!

anyway this whole setup is for learning and seeing what problems I come through!

when I decide what I want I will burn another new card 

another question... in order to use Minimserver I have installed on my NAS with Gentoo in MPD mode I should activate the upmpcli too yes?

I tried but didn’t work .. LUMIN app didn’t see any player available.

I will try again I a few days cause I will leave home for now, but any tips would be very welcome! 

thank you once more!

for lumin you should also activate bubbleupnp

1 hour ago, antonellocaroli said:

for lumin you should also activate bubbleupnp

So both bubbleupnp and upmpcli..

Thanks!

1 hour ago, zackthedog said:

I tried one of the RT kernels but got some clicks on higher-res material.  Is there a specific kernel recommended for the Allo USB Sig?

Was the image you downloaded GentoPlayer-Rpi3-32-191103.img.xz?

I want to make sure you have the correct version.  Earlier versions had clicking with the USBridge Signature (especially on high res material).

With the 191103 version, all the RT kernels work well for me, without any clicks.

4 minutes ago, zackthedog said:

Yes, it's the one you posted above.  I chose the ES90XX option, should I try the generic USB DAC setting?

Yes, that's probably the issue (I would think).  

In "Choice of audio output," choose 2 (DAC USB) if using the USBridge Signature's USB output and choose 5 (Allo DigiOne Signature) if you have a combo unit and want to use SPDIF.

3 minutes ago, clipper said:

Yes, that's probably the issue (I would think).  

In "Choice of audio output," choose 2 (DAC USB) if using the USBridge Signature's USB output and choose 5 (Allo DigiOne Signature) if you have a combo unit and want to use SPDIF.

Indeed, that seems to have been the problem, thanks.   

ETA: Playing DSD64 without a hitch now. 😉

1 hour ago, zackthedog said:

What are the profiles for?

Profile 1 (which in my opinion makes a lot of sense):
Isolate the cpu 1-3
move all irqs to cpu 0
then move the irqs of the usb/i2s to cpu 1.
then move Lan's irqs to cpu 2.
then move the player (squeezelite, mpd, naa, etc.) to cpu 3

and gives priority to i2s and player 90 and 75 respectively

I have not checked the other profiles yet, you can check the activated profiles behavior under /boot/etc/ (open the activated profile file via nano). Or check GitHub: https://github.com/antonellocaroli/scriptrpi-1.6/tree/master/gentooplayer/script (e.g. profile1.start).

I attached a screenshot of the "htop" command under profile 1, showing the NI (nice value, or task priority (lower is higher priority)), the isolated CPUs (CPU 1 = network/upmpdcli, CPU3 = MPD, etc.)

image.png.ea9d49ae712d850082e8c30d9c618a14.png

C2341545-13F4-4261-91FA-350317701046.thumb.jpeg.936234f4584831e428d04d53cc850342.jpeg

I get this message when changing to ramsystem 

finally the system seems to run in ram but it started showing the message from a point on.

I suppose I deleted something by mistake....

6 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

C2341545-13F4-4261-91FA-350317701046.thumb.jpeg.936234f4584831e428d04d53cc850342.jpeg

I get this message when changing to ramsystem 

finally the system seems to run in ram but it started showing the message from a point on.

I suppose I deleted something by mistake....

You're using the 64bit version...it wasn't complete yet...but soon I'll release the official version...it's ready...I just need to upload...