GentooPlayer

For those who have version 6, ram available and installed gmediarender
I would recommend a test and maybe feedback

gp-update to update scripts

set a ramdiskmusic for example like this:

image.thumb.png.18289bd95db682b48bf4521d6e8a0c44.png

and then use Utility > Play Dir

image.thumb.png.3f40a1af7f5ebdae4a31579d3dddb784.png

I also just added a function that shuts down the network and restarts it at the end from play:

image.thumb.png.8d3523e4d05c3770c3cff2822306388d.png

Hi

Silly question but I've downloaded V6 for an X86 system, burnt a USB stick with balenaEtcher and successfully booted the machine with it and looked through the web interface.  How do I install Gentooplayer on to the PC's hard disk?

Thanks

5 minutes ago, the_bat said:

Hi

Silly question but I've downloaded V6 for an X86 system, burnt a USB stick with balenaEtcher and successfully booted the machine with it and looked through the web interface.  How do I install Gentooplayer on to the PC's hard disk?

Thanks

you have two ways

the simplest:
connect the harddisk to another PC and use Etcher

the second one:
gp-update
WI > Backup/Restore/install > Install GP beta

Thanks. 

I found an old USB SATA caddy at the back of a cupboard and used that.  I knew it was a good idea not to throw it away.

That worked, and I've emailed a request for a trial key.

Hi guys , having some connectivity issues. Left over night with my pi 4 based Ian Canada based system always powered when I try to use MyMPD on my pc or Regelian on IOS , these is no connection. I can still ping the p4 and get a response but in order to use the control software I have to reboot the pi. As part of the fault finding I tried Volumio and Moode and the problem does not exist with them.

Any help gratefully accepted.

Hi Antonello

Can you just confirm that Mode 5 on the X86 version does the same as Mode 9 on the Pi version, i.e. load everything into RAM, including GMRender if it's been installed?

Thanks

Alan

I have a question. Can gentoolplayer be installed and run on M2 nvme? A few months ago, I tried to install version 2.15, but failed in EMCC. Today, I failed to install nuc11 i7 pro.

32 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

which version?

Version 2.15

At that time, my M2 nvme had a Ubuntu system. It failed to start after on the web execution was installed to M2 nvme( the system is on my usb disk). Just now, Version 5, I tried the Linux DD command and wrote M2 nvme. It's ready to start. thank you.

@antonellocaroli hi there!!

After installing Gp6.0, I once more am trying to mount my NAS but no luck!
I've tried all the options. Every time the procedure fails I give the "rm -r /mnt/samba/*" command to remove the failed mount

It is the only reason I am hesitant to upgrade the GP version for my LMS server RPI

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

1 hour ago, DomieMic65 said:

@antonellocaroli hi there!!

After installing Gp6.0, I once more am trying to mount my NAS but no luck!
I've tried all the options. Every time the procedure fails I give the "rm -r /mnt/samba/*" command to remove the failed mount

It is the only reason I am hesitant to upgrade the GP version for my LMS server RPI

yes, in fact you always have this difficulty....thought the last time I showed you how to do it you had taken notes :)

restore the sd with the old version.....
open fstab copy the line about nas and then copy it to the other version....done...

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

yes, in fact you always have this difficulty....thought the last time I showed you how to do it you had taken notes :)

restore the sd with the old version.....
open fstab copy the line about nas and then copy it to the other version....done...

unfortunately I did not take notes
and I formated the sd card for v6.0 didn't back up something

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Hi @antonellocaroli why is ssh disabled in v6.0?

Thnx!!

6 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

If you need it, you can enable it in System configura adavanced > TWK.

yes I know just asked..