IGNORED

GentooPlayer

1 hour ago, antonellocaroli said:

My thought is that Allo would have been better off designing a usb-bridge as a hat for rpi4.....
Using the lan of rpi4.
I got out of the problems they had with the sparky board and got into other problems.

What are the other problems? Are they all to do with the ASIX USB to Ethernet driver?

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot

42 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

I don't know exactly....

https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/2942

Thanks for that. If the driver from ASIX that works with ARM doesn’t use usbnet I wonder if it is just the source of an older pre-usbnet USB to Ethernet driver. The most recent copyright date for it in the header is 2006. I can see why Raspbian wouldn’t want to merge the patch as it is never going to be in upstream Linux.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

11 minutes ago, bobfa said:

How should the disk be partitioned before starting?

It doesn’t matter as that command is just overwriting the entire disk including any existing partitions. Although I would use dd to overwrite an existing disk with an image.

15 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

you can also use dd, however the final result does not change.

xz --decompress /path/to/file.img.xz | dd of=/dev/sdX

or

sudo xz --decompress /path/to/file.img.xz | sudo dd of=/dev/sdX

Yes, that looks better to me, and you can use a block size option like ‘bs=4M’ with dd.