IGNORED

GentooPlayer

46 minutes ago, Gavin1977 said:

I have had the ‘Tidal is temporarily unavailable’ error when logging into Tidal via Kazoo last few times. Same problem on Kazoo on both MacBook Pro and iPhone (latest iOS update).  Anyone else had this issue?

Tidal works fine with the same credentials in its native app.

Updated to Gentoo 2.13 but no luck.

Thanks

My issues started several days ago. Also GentooPlayer 2.13, With MPD + UPMPDCLI controlled by BubbleUPNP, I was not able to authenticate to Tidal via UPMPDCLI. My endpoints (DIY server and RPI 4 + Pi2AES HAT) stopped working, both running GentooPlayer. I tried just about everything to get them working and I was ultimately only able to send media from Audirvana over WiFi to the renderers.

Today, I switched from BubbleUPNP to Mconnect, and this works. I am not sure if I'm leaving wifi completely out of the audio loop with this mconnect setup though. I have my endpoints hanging off of a router with an Etherregen in the middle, with my wireless AP bridged to this same router as the ER.

Not sure if our issues are related but did think it was worth mentioning.

Cheers.

10 hours ago, Gavin1977 said:

Quite interesting - Tidal always worked flawlessly for me Kazoo -> Gentoo Player until recently. Tidal worked natively with Linn Kazoo using Gentoo player, no BubbleuPNP required...

I can run Bubble uPNP on my NAS, but would prefer to use it on GentooPlayer itself... I have it enabled but cannot access it via http://gentooplayer-64:58050/ or IP:58050

I'm using RAMDisk Mode 2.

Any ideas?

Tidal always worked for me too with the following configuration until May13th-14th 20':

Ramsystem Mode 2

MPD + UPMPCLI (Configured with Tidal credentials).

Controlled by the mobile Android BubbleUPNP app.I never actually enabled BubbleUPNP server on my servers running GentooPlayer.

The server itself would stream from Tidal (my preference) and I would control it via the mobile app.

So I've performed the steps and got everything working. Only issue is somehow the "My Tidal" tab does not appear to load. I receive an error of "Failed to Load" and a retry option in Linn Kazoo. Wondering if my favorites list is too long...

Edit: Nevermind. It eventually loaded.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to locally cache songs using a service provided by GentooPlayer? I tried enabling some settings within BubbleUPNP to make songs "seekable" and these did not work. I don't need the songs to be seekable but the idea was to attempt to cache songs prior to playing to improve sound quality.

• 2 weeks later...

Any i7 8600T/K owners here?

I recently decided to re-deploy GentooPlayer and now I am unable to replicate the settings which previously kept CPU utilization below 1%.

Interested in configurations to utilize all 12 threads. Also, the terms used within the GentooPlayer OS refer to CPUs although cores and CPUs are referenced here: http://store.fsxtimes.com/cal-cam.php

Is my understanding correct?

If I select an AffinityMask of 192 for IRQ Ethernet for example, does this translate to using Core 4 (CPU 6 and CPU 7) ?

Planning to keep IRQs and processes on the same core/CPU if possible and comparing it to seperating IRQ and processes to dedicated cores/CPUs since I have enough to do so.

Also, how does one select where System and Kernel process go with the Custom Profile?

Thanks for your help.

3 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

I am designing an expert menu where everything will be done more selectively...

Now if you use a custom profile, all the kernel processes are moved to cpu0, and the others where you specify them...

as written in the web interface

image.thumb.png.1c0ca6ca40b479921f2a6dd2d2358778.png

Thanks, this is helpful regarding kernel process location with custom profile.

6 hours ago, Exocer said:

If I select an AffinityMask of 192 for IRQ Ethernet for example, does this translate to using Core 4 (CPU 6 and CPU 7) ?

Is the above statement correct?

Thanks,

-Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @antonellocaroli,

A few of us are using Startech Fiber NIC cards with GentooPlayer successfully, with the PF-ST Kernel.

Would it be at all possible to configure/install a peripheral like this while using a better sounding "Min" kernel?

I get that the idea of the MIN kernels is to strip away unneeded software/processes, but, could one use a MIN kernel as a basis and add only required features manually? Such as support for PCI-E fiber NIC/USB cards?

Thanks,

-Rob

1 hour ago, antonellocaroli said:

no, you can't enter it manually.
I can add it to the next kernels if you put me the results of (on PF-ST kernel)
lsmod
and

lspci -v

or the links that create you wgetpaste

wgetpaste -c 'lsmod'

wgetpaste -c 'lspci -v'

wgetpaste -c 'lsmod'

wgetpaste -c 'lspci -v'

Please note, I also have a PCI-E USB card installed which also does not work with Min kernals. It would be great if support for this card can also be added.

Thanks,

-Rob

14 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

are both installed and functioning at the time you gave lspci -v?

can you also post lspci -v from a kernel where they don't work?

Yes, both devices appear here: https://dpaste.com/ED7NV4AT4

At the bottom of this page. I am now noticing they share the same IRQ of 16. The Startech network card uses a Realtek chipset. The USB card uses the ASM3142 chipset.

Also worth noting, the chipset for the USB controller shows as ASM 2142 instead of ASM 3142 (I physically validated it is the latter, 3412 chipset).

Will gather the other output for you this evening. Thanks

Just now, antonellocaroli said:

try this:

mount /boot
cd /tmp
wget https://github.com/antonellocaroli/kernel-test/releases/download/PF-TEST/PF-TEST.tar.xz

tar xvf PF-TEST.tar.xz --xattrs --numeric-owner -C /
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

in the kernel list you should find a PF-TEST kernel

Will try this tomorrow evening.

Other things to note:

Although both devices appear in Min and ST Kernel, the list of items beneath each device within the min Kernel is shorter.

• Among the missing items is "Kernel Modules" from the min Kernel. Meanwhile, Kernel modules appear in ST Kernel.
    • Kernel modules: xhci_pci (For USB)
    • Kernel modules: r8169 (For Network card)

22 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

you don't see the module because in the Minimal kernel they are not compiled as modules, but "statically" in the kernel...
so you only see the driver...

the list is shorter, if I didn't see it wrong, because the debugging part of the kernel is missing... it shouldn't be a problem...

I followed your instructions and I am able to boot into PF-Test Kernel with networking and sound functionality.

PF-Test Snapshot.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Zauurx said:

Late return .. but I crashed my nuc while trying to reconfigure the connection with the Allo.
For the 2 kernels tests, nothing postive.
For the 1st: white noise with 5 seconds of music after one minute, then white noise.
For the 2nd: crash at boot ..

I got everything back and stay on with the non-rt test kernel.

Another question: how to issue ethtool command on startup.
I would take this advice on this website.

https://linoxide.com/linux-how-to/ethtool-command-with-examples/

# vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
ONBOOT=yes
ETHTOOL_OPTS="speed 100 duplex full autoneg off"

Is it the good configuration file on GentooPlayer.. ? and what is the editor (not vi) ?

Editor should be nano for GentooPlayer.

Hi all,

I am curious about RT priority for my USB PCI-E card (Startech PCI-E - ASM 3142 chip based). I would like to ensure it is indeed using RT priority and that the onboard USB ports are not getting RT priority. As well as ensuring I am not sharing the IRQ with other devices unnecessarily.

Based on the information below, the DAC is connected and appears to be using IRQ 16, so naturally I believe the PCI-E card must be using IRQ 16:

image.thumb.png.a8181e8649276db1880f1e035a3a40fe.png

I have updated RT priority config as follows:

image.png.b3b7ec1296dc09eaf140c25a60f6380c.png

Also, should I have included USB3 instead of i801_smb, given the fact that the Yggdrasil appears to be using USB3 per below?

image.thumb.png.d95da5c6c25d1fd2e563d4cee214e584.png

A bit confused,

Thanks