IGNORED

GentooPlayer

10 hours ago, zackthedog said:

JRiver will see any generic UPnP or DLNA renderer.  Enable the two services shown and GP will appear in the Player column of JRiver as "UpMpd."

Cheers! I've got it to appear in JRiver but I can't get any music playing. Also, volume keeps resetting to 50%. Any ideas?

2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

did you set mpd ?

for the volume try:

amixer set 'Master',0 100% unmute

I've managed to get music! but it's still showing the volume slider on JRiver to be 50% even though it's at 100% volume. I actually need it to be at 97% otherwise I get audible clipping due to the gain mismatch between my amp and dac's XLR connections

I get the following when trying amixer set 'Master',0 100% unmute

Wrong scontrol identifier: Master,

9 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

ah ok,

jriver gives 50% of the volume because the volume control in the mpd settings is off...

image.thumb.png.de5ef24af4f52c0e61b249a845cfa0ed.png

you have to change it

OK thank you! I will give it a try later. I couldn't access this web interface earlier. Do I just copy and paste the address for rpi3? 

23 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

ah ok,

jriver gives 50% of the volume because the volume control in the mpd settings is off...

image.thumb.png.de5ef24af4f52c0e61b249a845cfa0ed.png

you have to change it

Managed to get it to work. Thank you!

I will still stick to DietPi until an easy way to integrate Spotify connect comes out

On 4/1/2020 at 3:29 AM, misterspense said:

But does Dietpi have Spotify connect then? I've used both with LMS+squeezelite and the Spotty plugin. Works fine on both, (though with some occasional no discovery in the Spotify app, but I have that also with Volumio or Chromecast).

Yup! Dietpi has Raspotify. It works flawlessly. Perhaps it could be considered as an option to be implemented into a Gentoo update further down the line.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2020 at 3:52 PM, antonellocaroli said:

rpi4?

on rpi4 does not work with all leds.

You can try it by hand:

echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/led0/brightness
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/led1/brightness

or

echo none > /sys/class/leds/led0/trigger
echo none > /sys/class/leds/led1/trigger
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/led0/brightness
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/led1/brightness

for the lan led, I've never tried it, but with one of the last kernels it should work by adding to config.txt

dtparam=eth_led0=4                                                                     
dtparam=eth_led1=4

mount /boot
nano /boot/config.txt

Does this work also with RPI 3B+?

I turned them off on web interface. Ethernet LEDs are off but there are still 3 lights on. 

• 1 month later...

My Web Interface just randomly stopped working today. Was trying to re-enable Spotifyd, which i notice is now called Spotify Connect under the Enable/Disable Software tab. Is there any other way to re-enable the web interface aside from having to reinstall 2.15?

16 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

you enabled shairport-sync?

show me the result of the command:

rc-service show -v

yes i've enabled shairport-sync so i can have the audio from my youtube videos from my macbook play on my speakers.

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 12.33.49 AM.png

21 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

before you enabled it, did you use his page to configure it?

I don't think so, but here's a warning.

image.thumb.png.cccc9afa4b91591b321a681ddb4a993b.png

Ooof, I did not configure it. Should i turn off shairport sync? Any recommended settings if I want to reconfigure it to work with my macbook?

1 hour ago, antonellocaroli said:

rc-update del shairport-syn

reboot

and you see that the web interface is working again...

configure shairport-sync and then enable it

Web interface is back. Thank you so much for your patience in this troubleshooting process. It is very much appreciated!! Have a wonderful weekend :)