IGNORED

GentooPlayer

Hi,

I have tried to install  Gentoo player on my USB Bridge Signature.

Used the program Balena Etcher for Mac OS Catalina.

Downloaded the image GentoPlayerRpi64-191231.img.xz the 64 bit version.

Everything went well. 

Tried to access as describe by means of SSH via terminal  ssh root@ip-gentooplayer .

Or with command via my browser Safari or Firefox to open web interface by means of GentooPlayerRpi64:5000

But nothing happens what do I wrong ?

Regards, Andreas

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

1 hour ago, antonellocaroli said:

is connected to a cable router?

Hi,

bridged by an Mac mini which has an connection to a switch and than router.

I cannot see any activity when I have started / booted  the Gentoo on Usbridge Signature.

I case of DiepPi always to be seen in the finder as activity.

But why  I cannot see by means of web browser the Gentoo screens as demonstrated on yr webpage? That is something else than trying to access via SSH the program?

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

1 hour ago, clipper said:

Yep.

On a mac, LanScan is a nice app for showing the IP addresses of devices on your network.

Have downloaded and indeed it shows all. In this case dietpi

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-07 om 20.39.55.jpg

30 minutes ago, bobfa said:

Type the following command ssh [email protected]

Dear Bobfa,

10.0.1.18 is now the ip adress of Dietpi as showed also in Web Gui Dietpi etc.

will try Tomorrow if can recognize the Gento img too and will try your proposal.

thx

18 hours ago, bobfa said:

as a test.

open up the terminal app on the Mac.

Type the following command ssh [email protected]

The Mac will ask you to save the SSH key; type YES

You can also try in safari to type http://10.0.1.18:5000  into the address bar and see if it responds.

Ho Bobfa,

Succeeded to connect to  Web Gui. Choose NAA for use with HqPlayer.  But choosing a Dac failed always.

My Dac wasn't list in the shortlist and therefore I choose USB DAC.

But immediately a message appears " Failed to load script info. Try to reload the page. Error message:Failed to connect to the server" 

Tried this several times but did not succeed to select my Dac and therefore I wasn't able to see a network connection in HQ-Player.

Please see attached pics for  further explanation.Strange isn't?  My (new)  Dac is the RME ADI 2 Fs.

PS. I would like to try Gentoo player due to fact that present DietPi and Allo UsBridge Signature leads to stuttering every 15-20 sec.

With my  DAC Pro-Ject Pre Box Ultra s2 and Teac 503 there aren't these kind of interruptions / glitches !

Might be caused that I am using with the RME  DoP ( instead as usually Native DSD 256)  which has / needs a broader/ faster bandwidth?

But doing DoP with the 2 older Dac doesn't give any issues.  Strange behaviour? It is a brand-new RME DAC with latest firmware. An itself should be superior in contact wit Pro-ject& Teac.🙄

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-08 om 11.53.55.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-08 om 11.55.25.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-08 om 12.03.39.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-08 om 12.42.44.jpg