IGNORED

GentooPlayer

I've found the options for mounting the CIFS share on my NAS. However, the 'list disks cifs' option shows nothing. The 'list disks nfs' options list various ip addresses on my network. When I enter the parameters to my cifs share I get this error:

mount error(2): No such file or directory
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg)

I don't have ssh access to gentooplayer as it seems to require ssh keys which I don't have.

Regards

David

44 minutes ago, bobfa said:

LMS is really pretty nice.  There are multiple components.  Server, player and control point.  

I am sure that this will produce a lot more questions.

bob

Thanks. A question I have is that I have been previously using Jriver Media Centre running on a custom PC. Can gentooplayer be used with jriver serving the files?

14 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

You should find the name of your usb dac ...

I have it working now and the sound quality is excellent. Very happy - thank you!

Another question I have though is whether gentooplayer can be detected by google home so I can play music from my phone? I have jremote on my phone but it isn't seeing the usbridge. Ability to play via spotify connect would be great too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...