IGNORED

GentooPlayer

Firstly, I was a bit skeptical, I thought it would be difficult to install, it's clearly not. First try Boom it works !

Secondly, Whoa the sound ! One of the best if not the best.

One point, I was just unable to create an UPnP end point, even with MPD.

Anyway, that's a great distribution

join the resistance

Hi 

It took at least 3 hours to compile but now it works like a charm !

To make it play music is actually quite easy : just download an app like Mconnect on your phone/ipad, choose UpMpd as renderer in the 'play to' section and Qobuz in the 'Browser' section, that's it !

Of course you can choose LMS as 'local server' in the 'browser' section to play your music,  providing you installed the plugin called 'UPnP/DLNA Media Interface' in LMS to create an UPnP server.

Hope that can help.

And again thanks for your help

join the resistance

I'm not sure that BubbleUPnP needs to be added in the raspi version but it would be a great idea to add it in the PC 64bits version to make a complete server with LMS and BubbleUPnP. In that case, ram would be more than sufficent with 4Go or more.

Actually my plan is to have a server with GentooPlayer and LMS in a second time :)

join the resistance

Hello, 

Could you please help to mount a nfs path.

I tried to mount it manually but it doesn't work. Tried to compile with no luck (ie emerge --ask net-fs/nfs-utils)

I tried the menu but only found cifs unless I missed something

image.thumb.png.6aa8ff5ffe9965d62fb613dfaa2e6cc1.png

Thanks

join the resistance

10 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

no, in the menu there is not

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Nfs-utils

why without success? what does he say to you?

image.thumb.png.ff73ea780c3aef0ac95b1a1d9a94541d.png

Hi, 

While I was trying to connect my nfs folder, I succeeded in connecting a cifs folder with the ad hoc option via gp-menu.

Now that my NFS folder is ok I'd like to remove the automated cifs connexion but I'm unable to find where is the line to remove, I can't find it in fstab file !

Can anyone help ?

Aside from that, my audioserver is now running on gentooplayer. As the streamer which is also on gentoo , it makes a wonderful job. Clearly better than everything else (fedora, arch, ubuntu, ..). At least for me.

Thanks

join the resistance

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Holzohr said:

I see. I already have pm-ed Filippo (Antonello) about it. He said the image is using a kernel for the pi3b without +. You must select the right kernel after the first boot. But how to select when you have no access via ethernet.

probably though a tv set

join the resistance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, 

Thanks for the link. Tried gentooplayer on raspi4 but   

1 - I can change change the output via 'choice of oudio output' but the pi does not want to reboot after that.

2 - Tried to add a config.txt in the boot folder but it doesn't seem to work. 

3 - when I type "aplay -l" I have :

card 0: DAC [I-Sabre Q2M DAC], device 0: I-Sabre Q2M DAC i-sabre-codec-i2c.1-0048-0 

which is not my output..

I'm stuck

Thanks

join the resistance

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, 

A quick update about sound quality. Believe me or not, Raspi4 gives a better sound than Raspi3 in my Metrum Ambre. Sound is more opened, powerful, and refined.

Ok that is not by a large step but for the raspi4 price, it is CLEARLY worth the hassle.

join the resistance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

yes, only on x86 with Xfce.
is already present NoMachine to remote the desktop

Hello, 

That's great, I will try the xfce version.

Is there any chance you can add Deezer in it ? From my perspective, Deezer is a lot more user friendly than Qobuz 

join the resistance

Hello, 

Just thought about an alternative as the Deezer app may be a bit tricky to implement : redirect the sound from the webbrowser to UPNP, that would be usable with Deezer, Qobuz, Youtube or whatever. I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy it.

I tend to use Deezer as my only source, that would be brilliant

join the resistance