IGNORED

Objectivists/Subjectivists

89reksal

18 hours ago, fas42 said:

The heavy handed application of "attitude" is what disturbs many ... like in a post just above, "(forums) dedicated to group stroking of delusional hearing."

Here's the issue. There is no 'The heavy handed application of "attitude" '.  What you just did was paint the honest question I asked with the color of it having attitude.

Bottom line is if you don't trust your ears, why should I?

22 hours ago, sandyk said:

Why not a 3M long Belkin USB cable. which after all complies with the USB specifications , and why not using an Audiophile Software player such as those from Miska, Peter or JRiver ?

Because I don't need a 3M long cable. I use an 18 inch cable and it keeps things nice and tidy. I mentioned JRiver already along with Tidal.

22 hours ago, sandyk said:

As is usually the case, you are trying to skew the results in your favour.>:(

Use a USB cable of a typical length that most other members would need to use. The vast majority of advertised USB cables appear to be around 1.8M in length, with many members needing to use longer than 1.8M

Belden also makes spec cable in 2 meter lengths and that's fine.

Unfortunately you missed the point that I was making that you can get an 18" cable and I think most setups could accommodate that length. 

1 hour ago, sandyk said:

I didn't miss the point. And I do not believe that most setups could accommodate  that length, especially from a rear USB port.

Cables from a front USB port generally look untidy as well.

As is usually the case, you are trying to skew the results in your favour.>:(

Apparently you did miss the point. You can lead a horse to water but can't make him think.